Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
amazon58

self cleaning nightmare

4 posts in this topic

Help, I have a GE electric range oven model #JBP24BY3WH , I used the self cleaning mode last week and ended it early as I had to leave my house and did not want to leave it on. Well since that point I can not get the oven to work,when I turn the dial to a temp the cleaning light blinks. I tried turnging the cleaning cycle on again it was on for 2 hours, the light never went off so once again I turned it to off. The light continues to blink ......help. I of course can not find my manual so any advice would earn double sessions to the fermenting gods!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unplug the range, open the control panel, remove the wiring diagram/schematic page and post it here. If you can't scan in pages, fax it to me at 775-416-4449.

How did you "turn off" the cleaning cycle the first and second time.  I was unable to pull up your model number.  You may simply need to put your oven into clean for 5 minutes and then cancel the clean cycle at the clock and wait for the door to unlock completely before turning any other knobs.

I turned it off by turning the temp dial clockwise to off . It has a digital clock and timer , I dont remeber if the timer was on , thansk for the tip I will try it .