Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE TBX25PR icemaker door stuck open

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

I have a similar issue to those with the SxS fridge/freezers.

I have a TBX25PRBSLCC GE Profile refrigerator/freezer (top/bottom) and the in-door ice despenser contraption is not functioning properly. The little outlet door is stuck in the open position (by spring tension) and the icemaker therefore freezes up. I can close the door by hand, but there is nothing to keep it closed, though I can feel places on the back of the door where an "arm" might have gone before. Could you folks help me find out what I need and how I get into the door to get to those parts? Thanks!

BTW, the parts didn't "disappear," I just moved into this house and the refrigerator was left by the former owners.

Thanks again!

Steve

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:32 PM

Either turn off the power or hold the freezer doors open a little with your foot while you do this or you will be dispensed upon.  Take off the white rubber thing you put your glass to.  Remove the black plastic thing you just exposed.  Use a small flat screwdriver to pry off the little plastic cover with the writing on it.  You'll see 4 Phillips screws.  Piece of cake after that.  Looks pretty nasty under there doesn't it.

The black and white flapper thing is your "chute door".  The white thing the door is attached to is called the crank.  That rusty thing that connects to the crank is your chute door solenoid. A small spring slides over the crank on the right side of the door.  The little circuit board is called a time delay.

#3 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:11 PM

So, can I clean this stuff and make it work, or do I need to replace some or all of them? Which ones? THANKS!!!!!

#4 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

Argh, no dice. I took off the white thing you put your glass against, and behind it was a black square with a round hole in the center. I pulled that off and behind that was only a while "l" shaped piece (short part of the L facing the user) that is the trigger for the mechanism. No little plastic cover with writing, nothing...

#5 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

Use the force and look for words like "Water, Ice, Crushed, Cubes".  Are they not written on a plastic cover?

#6 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:42 PM

Ah HAH! Thanks, Jedi Master! Now, what do I do with all these ugly parts? Replace or just clean?

#7 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

I pulled the shaft from the solenoid...it was rusted pretty bad. I guess I need a new solenoid. Anything else I should buy in the process? Thanks again!

#8 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

Hello? Anyone know?

#9 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:50 PM

Ah...... Grasshopper, You are almost at one with the Force and don't even realize it.  You already know you are going to replace your chute door solenoid.  You want to replace the chute door also but want to be told to.  You are there, it is your decision..  Use the Force, It can guide you.. It's guiding you already. 

#10 Servicerifle

Servicerifle

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:08 AM

Ypou guys are hilarious...and very helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics