Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn-Air fridge JCD2389DES, warm beer, water on floor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 itstilleaks

itstilleaks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

I have a Jenn-Air fridge JCD2389DES with the following problems:1. In defrost it pours water out the front of the ice cream compartment.2. Beer is warm. I've defrosted the evaporator coils, melted the block of ice in the ice cream compartment, and things worked again, for a week.  Seems the evap coils are once again a block of ice.From the wise pearls of wisdom posted here, I think I need a new ADC.  (defrost controller).  As water has come pouring out of the freezer at times, I will assume, for now, the defrost heater is working. As the frost pattern on the coils is pretty uniform and the ice cream is still frozen I assume the compresser/coolant/etc are working well.My questions.1. It seems this model is problamatic for bad ADC's.  Have the new parts been retro-ed in any way to make them less failure prone. 2. Now that I will have a spare, is there a part on the ADC board I could replace (perferably with a part that won't go out in a couple of years) myself.  Yes I can handle solder and a PC board.3. Assuming all else is working is there a way to keep the plastic tube that runs from under the evap coils down to the evap pan under the fridge from freezing up soild and causing the defrost water (melted ice) from pouring out the front of the freezer.4. Is the ADC under all the plastic controls in the top of the beer compartment.  i.e. do I need to remove all that needlessly bulky plastic stuff to get to it?TIA, Great site!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:50 AM

I think you need to clear the ice plug from your condensate pan drain (item 14).

#3 itstilleaks

itstilleaks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:46 AM

yep, done that twice, keeps refreezing, any tips on keeping it thawed out permenantly?Thanks.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:52 AM

Run a mild bleach solution down that drain and blow it out with compressed air. The bio-gookus has grown to the point that it's restricting condensate flow, causing it to back up and freeze. According to Samurai's 7th Law of Appliance Repair, "Nothing kills bio-gookus like chlorine." Amen.

#5 itstilleaks

itstilleaks

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:55 AM

Excellent, Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics