LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

How to read newer GE serial number build date codes?

Budget Appliance Repair

Anyone have the decoding method for newer G.E. product serial numbers to determine manufacture date?

Old serial number format AB123456 first letter = month, second letter = year.

as on this webpage: http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/applianceshvac/help-center/appliance-age/ge-age.html

New serial#'s

IE. 4G202499P from a G.E. built Kenmore range model# 362.72622302

This site: http://www.appliance411.com/service/date-code.php

tells me, "This product could have been manufactured the 13th week of 1994 or 2004.".

Looks like the first number is the last number of the year built or maybe the second position is still the year, "G" would correspond to 2004 but not to 1994.

From the looks and styling 2004 sounds correct.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe because it's a GE Kenmore ...

with or without the model number, when entering it as a GE:

alertbubble.gif Serial number does not conform to known patterns for this brand.

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

maybe because it's a GE Kenmore ...

with or without the model number, when entering it as a GE:

alertbubble.gif Serial number does not conform to known patterns for this brand.

Well, actually the 362. prefix is "Roper/GE"

And the age statement from the above website even knew that and printed in invisible type:

"This product could have been manufactured the 13th week of 1994 or 2004. (ROPER-after-GE)"

The part in red wasn't visible without highlighting it.

I know I've seen GE products with the same serial number format which I've never seen any decoding info on.

Next time I find an actual GE branded product with that serial number format I will revisit this discussion and see if it tells you that it's not a correct format.

I don't know if it makes any difference or not by on the model/serial label it said "Made in Mexico".

Archived