Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Need Wiring Diagram

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cannert

cannert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:02 AM

Hello,

I need a wiring diagram for my oven.  I had a few wire burn outs due to a suicidal mouse. The timed cooking switch is bad and the oven switch was damaged on terminal A.  I have a replacement oven switch, but I really don't want to replace the timer since I never use it.  I would like to by-pass the self cleaning and timed cooking functions.  Can someone email me the wiring diagram?

Thank you,

Tammy Canner

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:23 AM

GE JBP24G0J1AD free standing range

That might be tough, should be there in the range somewhere unless some one removed it.  If you cannot locate it and no one here has one they can send to you call G.E with your model and serial and you can buy one from them......

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 cannert

cannert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

Thank you for replying.  I figured it out.  I dropped orange timer connection to the second terminal from the bottom of the timer which by-passed all of the self cleaning and timed cooking.  I removed all of the self cleaning wiring for the selenoid, thermo. control, and thermostat. From the thermostat top left terminal, I daisy chained to the left post of the top element down to the left post of the bottom element.    I took the black and red from the thermo.cntrl straight to the oven switch and connect terminal J to the top element, right post which completed the circuit.  Everything seems to be working fine.  Testing the thermostat against the termo. cntrl switch and writing up a diagram  is all that remains. 

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

Wow, good Job!!!!   All without a wiring diagram??   You are much braver than I would have been....bet the Samurai will want a pic of your work, he will want to feast his Valcan eyeballs on this!!

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#5 cannert

cannert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:59 AM

I used a wiring diagram that I downloaded for an old range with the time cooking feature only.  My range had the red leg of the 220 daisy chained , starting with the left front burner.  I  split the leg into three segments from the bottom junction terminal, in order to have functioning burners, etc if I have a future wire burn.  I took one segment straight up to the right burners, one straight up to the terminal A on the oven and timer, and one straight up to the left burners. Terminal M on the oven switch was connected to the bottom terminal of the second row on the thermo control.  Basically, I only needed to determine which terminals on my oven switch corresponded to the terminals on the older model's oven switch.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

Good job, there......I am impressed.......;)

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,913 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:44 AM

Damn good job! That earned you a promotion to Apprentice Appliantologist.

#8 cannert

cannert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:48 AM

Cool!  Thanks.

I also fabricated a safety switch from industrial hot glue for my trust y 1988 microwave when it broke the other day.  I used the hinge piece and molded the hot glue in a large glob at the end.  Then I filed it down to shape.  Works great.  My husband wanted to tape down the switch to the magnetron.  I said "no way".  All we need is for the kids to nuke themselves.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,913 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

Might you be the long-prophesied Martha Stewart of appliance repair?

#10 cannert

cannert

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:57 AM

I think that I may be an apprentice Jedi knight. My father has detected the force in me. I have fixed my clothes washer twice and my dryer three times. Both units are close to being petrified due to their age. I may retire my washer as it's not cleaning as well, and we have a small farm with two tom girls... well three including myself. I have been reading the Saber posts and think it may fit the bill. My washer tends to eat lightweight clothing, requiring my seamstress alter ego intervention.

Tammy

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,913 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:02 PM

[user=3566]cannert[/user] wrote:

I think that I may be an apprentice Jedi knight.

Perhaps. One of our Master Appliantologists, Jedi Appliance Guy, would be the appropriate person to help you confirm this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics