Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Nashvillian

Kenmore range model 911.9388710

5 posts in this topic

I ran the self-cleaning cycle last week and once it ended, The display shows "door" everytime I try to use my "clean" oven.  Was I better off leaving it dirty?  Can anyone help? I tried to run the clean cylce again and cancel it, to try to reset the error, but that did not work. Anymore suggestions on parts or how to fix this problem?

Broke Daddy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This was made by Roper and there is a service pointer out about this but is on a microwave/range combo so do not know it if applies to yours or not???

2 simple words.......................  BOAT  ANCHOR  ....................  anchors  away !!!!

Pegi,

Where can I find the service pointer about this? I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks,

Nashvillian

After pulling up the breakdown of your range this looks like it fits your situation closer...I just copied pasted the text for you.

[align=left]Electric Ranges[/align]

[align=left]Door Error Codes[/align]

[align=left][K-254 / 4322188 / April 1997][/align]

[align=left]FOR "D" LINE FREESTANDING RANGES (Serial #FE___)[/align]

[align=left]CONDITION: .door. error code in display or[/align]

[align=left].- - - 8. appears in temperature readout when attempting to use oven. Top burners[/align]

[align=left]okay.[/align]

[align=left]CAUSE: Low voltage wires from the microcomputer board to the latch[/align]

[align=left]switch have melted because of heat released from the oven.[/align]

[align=left]CORRECTION: Replace the melted wires and eliminate any insulation[/align]

[align=left]voids around the wires and the pyro latch assembly.[/align]