Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Ken

Dishwasher not so quiet anymore

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I moved into my house 2 1/2 years ago and inherited the Maytag dishwasher. We loved it because it was so quiet, you barely knew it was running. Now although it still works fine, it sounds like an ordinary dishwasher...loud. I have no clue what method is used to baffle the noise, other than door seals. What do I need to do to shut this thing up? Maytag Jetclean dishwasher - quiet pack 111. Thanks, Ken.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

May have something caught down in the pump.  Could just be the drain hose vibrating on the floor.  Remove the kickplates and have a look. 

Post your model number for more help.

It's MDB7160AWW. It's not a noisy pump, or vibrating hose, (I checked) I can hear water swirling like with a  normal dishwasher. This thing used to be so silent, you hardly knew it was running.

[user=347]Ken[/user] wrote:

This thing used to be so silent, you hardly knew it was running.

You already said that in your first post.  I have 20-20 reading.  :geek:

Ok, time to tear down the pump and pull out the little nasties.