Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Tarheel Technician

Maytag dishwasher soap dispenser

5 posts in this topic

Got a call on a Maytag dishwasher, model # MDB6000AWB, in which the customer says the gasket in the soap dispenser is messed up. She says the soap will run out into the dishwasher when the door is closed.

I don't usually work on Maytag appliances, so I was hoping someone could shed some light for me. Does it have a replacable gasket? or does the whole "flapper" lid have to be replaced? If it does have to be replaced, how does it come apart?

Thanks for any info.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my leaking friend. Is your customer using liquid detergent? I am unaware of any leakproof dishwasher detergent cups.

Tarheel,   in looking at the diagram,  there is no seperate gasket for the cup lid.  The only gasket would be on the rinse agent reservoir.   The lid on the detergent cup is removed by two pins, one on each side along with the spring.  Should be a piece of cake..Ron

The detergent cup door contains the gasket, (only on main wash side - not on prewash side).

Here's the soap dispenser door&gasket 903108 CLICK HERE

00017032.jpg

If the customer is using the liquid detergent in both cups, I don't think there is going to be anything you can do to stop it from leaking out of the prewash side.

don't forget that this unit is famous for the tiny gasket that goes around the soap dispensor CATCH is what goes bad also and it leaks WATER (not soap as I know that is your question) inside and then down the inside of the door.

This is the part you will need if that's where water is actually coming from.

this is the part if water is leaking, not soap

Jeeeez one of these days I'll figure that out