Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
oharat

GE Wall Oven-fan not sounding healthy

8 posts in this topic

this problem occurs on the basic baking function.  after oven has been on for some time, some fan is making a screeching sound(sounds like bad bearing in fan).   i'm assuming(i'm not an appliance expert) the fan only comes on after the oven reaches a certain temperature to aid in dissipating heat from the oven.  the oven still works fine.   i've posted about week ago but no responses so trying again.   i'm thinking it is a faulty fan but i don't even know if ovens have cooling fans on them.....told you i was a rookie.   help if you can.   terry

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

TP18WOW1WW

Yep, bad fan bearings == new fan.

Couldn't find anything on that model number you posted.

i swear it was a drunk stamping machine that imprinted the model number.  why they use the letter i's, L's and 1's in model numbers in this era is beyond me.   Try substituting L in place of 1 in the model number.  The W is also a little funky looking.   would like to know where to find the fan in the oven.   thanks for your help.

The model number problem is in the first four characters. Read this and re-post.

ok...perhaps the 8 is rally a B(letter).  and the whole model number starts with a J followed by a space and then the characters listed.   sorry for the confusion.  

J TP1BWOW1WW

Alright, I played with the model number and was able to pull up the convection fan motor for your oven: CLICK HERE.

This diagram shows you how it goes in the oven.

are there two fans on this oven?...my inkling is that the problem is not with the convection fan because the problem occurs on the basic baking function when i assume the convection fan is not being utilized.

Ah, a crucial clarification on which function is being used when the noise occurs. That would be the cooling fan.

(diagram - item 32)