Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Magic Chef Range burner ignitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobm681

bobm681

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

I have a Magic Chef Range.
Model # 64HA-4TKVW
Serial # 25C118392192

Four burners; four ingitors. Two ignitors work. Two don't. Initially, the Left Rear worked and the Left Front did not. I cleaned the ignitors (ceramic with small wire electrode). No luck. I lifted the range top slightly and swapped the lead to the ignitor. I put the lead from the left rear on the left front, and vice versa. The Left front now lights and the left rear doesn't.

Based on information from another post one your site, I found that the spark module should be located on the lower right side. I removed the appliance tray and the spark module was "hanging free" in the cavity between the side wall and the inner wall of the range. I was able to snake it through one of the access holes and good get a good look at it. The Part number on the unit is 7431P017-60, below that line are the digits 9113. On one side is a sticker below two leads, which I assume are the power leads with an "L" and a "N" (Line and Neutral?). The plastic on the module is molded with "Capable Controls Mod. 4001".

There are four ignitor leads. I disconnected each lead and reinserted it in the same place. I wanted to make sure that each lead was seated correctly, and had good connectivity. After this, I observed no change in performance.

I then located which lead was the one for the working left front so that I could repeat my earlier swap with the left rear and verify that the problem was with the spark module. I was able to control which burner worked by swapping the left front and left rear leads on the module. Same with the right side.

Now the crux of my questions. If I switch to Geico, can I save on my insurance?

Just kidding. Bad spark module?

On line I see one for 29.99, another for 34.99. Can I get it cheaper? What are good sites for parts? I've googled and found many, but have no history with them.

Thanks a heap. Bob

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:05 PM

This is the best place to get the parts on line. No problems at all.
is the one for surface burners.....buy from here and can return for any reason
And good diagnoses.

BTW I like the GEICO bit.
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:52 AM

GLC, you gave our young "Grasshopper" a wrong part ref.

This is a sealed burner cooktop range with a seperatre ignitor on each burner head with a 4+0 ignitor module, (easy mistake to make if you missed the series#, Bob's being series 25 - first 2 numbers of serial# so you would use the module for series 17 since that is the latest series ref closest to 25 on the parts break).

Here's the part Bob needs: 12001596 Spark Ignitor Module CLICK HERE to order.

And, Yes, I do know of one cheaper online but you will have to find that yourself. We only ref people to the Samurai's part supplier since it helps support this website and if for some reason the part you order doesn't take care of your problem you can return it. Try to find anyone else that will return any part, (especially an electrical part), after it has been installed and you find it doesn't fix your problem --- I can pretty much quarantee you that you won't find one......
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:16 AM

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

... We only ref people to the Samurai's part supplier since it helps support this website and if for some reason the part you order doesn't take care of your problem you can return it. ...

Absolutely true. And how much did the "other sites" help our grasshopper troubleshoot his problem?

#5 bobm681

bobm681

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:44 AM

All,
Thanks for the help. I will be buying the parts from Samuri Parts Supplier. The slight price hit, can't begin to compare to the price of a service call. Or buying the wrong part. You guys are great.
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics