Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

samsung sxs #rs2630sh

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegUS_PatOff

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• philcheck

thanks regus. you gave me the manual before but only half of it downloaded.i'm trying to find at what temp does the defrost stat open. origional was stuck closed ordered new one and its closed at room temp as well. i don't get it.

Defrost Terminator should open at 59F

this is a different manual ..

each manual is about 4 or 5 MB

may take a while to download

take a close look at the Terminals of your Defrost Heater ...

thanks reg. got it downloaded.if it opens at 59 degrees.it should open at the room temp i tested it in. the amnual says bimetal closed at 104 f opens at 140 f. what is that about?. i get 40 ohms on the heaters through the main board. but i will look at the ends of the heaters. i'm going to replace defrost stat and defrost sensor first.also i'll try force defrost to make sure the heaters come on, but that doesn't mean they'll come on automatically though. i want to rule out all before looking at replacing the board.

[user=28826]mrfixit2[/user] wrote:

... says bimetal closed at 104 f opens at 140 f. what is that about?.

I see that now, although, right above that it mentions the Defrost Thermosatat 59F

i know ,its confusing, not opening till 140 f explains why i couldn't get it to open even with a hair dryer. but i still don't get what closed at 104 f means?.i'm beginning to dislike this fridge.i don't go back till tuesday, that will give me time to study the manual.btw the stat is one of those ones that is inside a see through plastic envelope type thing.

once it opens at 140F, it won't close again till it cools to 104F

• 7 years later...

The link or attachment for this service manual is bad. Can you please repost the service manual?

• Team Samurai

Fast Track is already in the Downloads. Watch the video on how to search the Files section and you’ll find it.