Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ice maker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 XJHEAD

XJHEAD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:16 PM

Where do I beagn to troubleshoot an ice-maker that does not fill or try to dump the tray??? The lever is down. Valve works, I swapped the water disp. wires wire it and it ran water. Is the icemaker on a automatic timer so it will dump the tray even if not filled with water??? Where do I start..

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:32 PM

White-Westinghouse/Fridgidaire. WRS24WRA

Buy the looks of this style of ice maker it goes into harvest when the thermostat in the head of the ice maker gets to about 14 degrees, it could not care if water is in the mold or not.  If it is rotating and no water is in the mold you have either an ice maker that is not sending voltage to the water valve, or a bad valve.  If your valve opens when you reverse the wires sounds like the valve is not receiving voltage from the ice maker,  check for voltage at the valve when the ice maker should be calling for water right before it stalls for the freeze position.  If you get  120 volts to the valve you could have a frozen fill tube or a defective fill valve on the ice maker side.

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 XJHEAD

XJHEAD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:34 PM

Sorry I should have stated it does nothing, will not start a cycle  or rotate

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:47 PM

Check to make sure you're getting 120v to the icemaker. If you are, then try to initiate manual harvest: Grab the rake fingers and pull up gently until it "catches" and continues on its own. If the icemaker won't harvest, and you're sure you have voltage, then you'll need a new icemaker.

#5 XJHEAD

XJHEAD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

Pulled the front cover off in freezer compartment, wow found a schematicI'll run with that too. I did rotate the timer gears a little and it went through a cycle on the timer gears but did nothing else. I do have the electrical disconnected from the water valve right now though so I do not know if it tried to fill or not..

#6 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:26 PM

do the same exact thing again to get the ice maker to begin another harvest but either have your meter hooked to the wires that should be on the valve and watch it to see if you are getting voltage. Or hook it back up and see if you are getting water. OR DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. Remember that the call for water is for a very short time.....seconds, so watch the meter closely and do not stop until the rake has gone completley around.
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

#7 XJHEAD

XJHEAD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

Seems good now. I just need to get new valve seals or valve,  seals leaking. When I opened freezer  it was going through a cycle on its own. It raked the tray the at the end of cycle it energized the fill valve.. Thanx all for the help. I'll respond back when I fix valve....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics