Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung dryer DV306LEW/XAA error code be or 6e

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 b5wars

b5wars

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

I purchased the samsung DV306LEW/XAA for 15 bucks at yard sale because prior owner who estimated age at 3 years got new LG set after getting an error code and not dry clothes on more than one occasion. Prior owner did not call for service or even remember the code. Was just tired of wife being upset and got her a new set. Nice guy.

I was not in love with my old dryer and after a quick prayer for wisdom, I decided to bring it home. I cleaned the vent and hooked it up. I have done two or three loads a day for 40 minute timed dry for most loads.  For towels I am using 50 minute on high. Works great.
My beloved and very useful husband was home from work and washed 4-5 loads of mostly towels and sheets back to back on high and he likes 60 or more minute cycles or sensor dry. He got the code and dryer was stopped. Items were damp. I told him to turn it off and back on. He did so and it handled another load or two that day. No  code for last three or four days. I have only done one load or two loads a day. No back to back marathon washing.

Hubby said code looks like a be or 6e but he was not sure which. I cannot get it to show me the code. It just works for me:} Any suggestions or words of wisdom? A service manual link for this would be awesome, too. I tried to pay for my apprentise plan but page keeps telling me my user name or password are wrong. I signed in with same user name and password on paypal site with no problem, though. If you send a email address I can sent it direct without using your shopping cart system which does not seem to like me.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:42 AM

bE Button Error

Key Pad Button "stuck" for more than 75 sseconds ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

b5, I reset your password to "fixitnow". Try logging in again and make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.

#4 b5wars

b5wars

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

The dryer is now showing be almost every load. Which makes it stop. So no dry clothes. There is a button under minutes and it no longer shows time selected (no light to left of 20, 40, 60 etc). The button does not appear to be pressed in. So are assistance would be helpful. thanks.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

... There is a button under minutes

which button ?
the Time button ?
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 b5wars

b5wars

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Sorry that I did not reply to last post. I did not realize additional answer had been posted.

We discovered that the stuck button was either wrinkle guard or adjust time arrows. We did not get the stuck button code when we made sure not to push either of those choices. My front panel is a different from the one above. A few weeks later we discovered that the left side of large knob which is the sensor dry settings would leave the clothes wet sometimes.
So we have been used just the time dry and have been getting dry clothes in 50-60 minutes.

Last week I had to push start button a couple of times for it start. Friday night my husband dried a load of towels. Saturday morning I pushed start for the next load and nothing happened. The green led lights are on the panel to the left. I can adjust heat and time buttons. There are no error codes. I checked that door is shutting. I can hear the click and it feels solidly shut.

I unplugged it and checked for lint. I took the long brush to vent area inside the dryer. I did not get much. I cleaned the back of machine and the flex pipe to wall. I went outside and checked vent outside. It is a very short run of few inches. No curves. Everything is clean. I plugged it back in and it still will not start.

The button does not seem to depress when I push. Husband agrees that it seems like the large center of button (start-pause) seems stuck.

My model number is DV306LEW/XAA. Serial number is 225354BA102684B
Any help is appreciated. Not experienced at repairs, just on a very small budget. The affordable 40-50 service fee (show up at door and first 20 minutes) appliance repairmen in my area will not work on bosch, samsung or lg. The samsung service man is 95 service call with only 15 minutes of service included. Not sure that I could afford the higher service call, plus labor, plus parts. Also he will only install parts that he orders so a return trip charge and part markup would apply. So your site is a huge blessing to our family.

Hoping it is something that we can tackle with your expert help. You saved my LG washer that I got for free due to bad hall sensor. I loved your price 20 ish for part and very affordable shipping, too. I got a friend to help and we got it installed with your instructions. You guys are awesome.

#7 b5wars

b5wars

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Can I please have a service manual if possible, too?

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Dryer download link PMed. :thumbsup:

#9 b5wars

b5wars

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

I read the manual and spoke with phone support for samsung. It seems the button is broken because it will not depress. I could not find button parts of repair clinic but sears had them. Not sure which of them I need. My outside button seems ok. Per diagram behind the button is a "Assy pcb p". It is not returnable and about 67. is this the correct part to get start button to depress?

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:29 AM

What's the part number of the circuit board?

#11 b5wars

b5wars

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

part number on sear part direct is MFS-F13DL-S0 for what appears to be circuit board diagram lists it as Y162. cost about 67. The outside of knob assembly is listed on diagram as C29 cost 26.40. PART NUMBER: DC97-10511A. Should I try to take it apart and look at inside of knob or replace the circuit board. Also can I get circuit board from your site?

I called around and found a decent repair shop that will come out to my area for only $45 and that included up to 30 minutes tech time so I can now pay a tech if needed. They run a used appliance place in Tampa. Great people, in past they did not go out into field up have recently added the service. They will let me supply my own parts, too.

If I read manual right, I can only run the test mode if machine is running. Since I can not get it to start, no test mode for me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics