Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Software for running a company

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 stabbybear

stabbybear

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:27 AM

I am looking for some software for running a company. I would like one that tracks customers and inventory.

Thanks in advance...

Sabastian

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

I just saw a good one on EBAY for sell for $50...I'll see if I can find it later tonight.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

see if this is what your looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/Service-Shop-Customer-Invoice-Repair-Tracking-Software-/370443482596?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item564026f5e4
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#4 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

i am writing a software now that manages services calls just like we have.

it will track real time inventory. real time routing if you have multiple employees. direct search links for model number/parts look up. job codes/rates..part pricing etc.

let me know of any features anyone wants. i will definitely debut it here.
It is never a bad thing to leave it to the professionals. Inexperience can lead to more damage or risk of injury. You can always call A&E Factory Service (1-800-905-9505), Sears(1-800-469-4663), or local service man you can trust (servicemagic.com).

#5 The Appliance Whisperer

The Appliance Whisperer

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

i'm trying wintac now. not that intuitive to me, so the learning curve is a bitch... does alot of stuff i don't need. dispatching is pretty cool and mostly what i wanted. financial stuff is kind of weak.

anyone else using this software, i would love to do a custom work order, or see how others are using this.

thanks... roy
roy
the appliance whisperer

#6 The Appliance Whisperer

The Appliance Whisperer

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

oh... and expensive.
roy
the appliance whisperer

#7 CaLeeHal

CaLeeHal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Know it's not the cheapest, but quick books is super easy to set up for ppl without a lot of computer knowledge, or even without a lot of business knowledge. You can set up and use whichever portions of it you want. Maybe not the best, don't know what else is our there but it works great for my landscaping business. Tracks most everything with customizable reports.

#8 DJAPPLIANCE

DJAPPLIANCE

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

we have been using service desk by rossware for 2 years we love it it does it all

#9 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

That rossware program looks ok but no definitive space for model/serial numbers, one of the most important details. Also, $6000.00 :yikes: :burnin:. I can buy alot of notebooks and pens for 6 grand.

#10 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Santa, are you sure Rossware doesn't have a place to input model/serial numbers?

I haven't looked at any of the service software suites myself but have heard of Rossware/Servicedesk and
thought those were customer written by someone in the appliance repair business.

I would think any thing written specifically for the appliance business you would somewhere track
model and serial numbers?
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#11 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Thats what I thought too. I looked at the samples they had and didn't see it. Maybe I wasn't looking at it right.

#12 DJAPPLIANCE

DJAPPLIANCE

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

i have used it for the last 2 years and who told you it was 6000? I paid like 1800 noted out for 24 months. I definetly know it has a place for M# and S# I do alot of in warranty work and submit claims electronically.Also I use to track 6 techs I have and get real time results. It can also down load calls from servicebench.you also get updates sometimes twice a week.it does inventory as well.

#13 paullee1000

paullee1000

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

It looks like Rossware charges based on company size. Is anyone else using them or any other software that they are really happy with. Please share
All is well that ends OK

#14 FieldHarmony

FieldHarmony

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Mucho Aloha

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Santa, are you sure Rossware doesn't have a place to input model/serial numbers?

I haven't looked at any of the service software suites myself but have heard of Rossware/Servicedesk and
thought those were customer written by someone in the appliance repair business.

I would think any thing written specifically for the appliance business you would somewhere track
model and serial numbers?

Hey Budget,

Field Harmony was written for specifically for the appliance repair industry and definitely tracks model & serial numbers.  Please have a look at www.fieldharmony.com   We offer a 30 day no obligation trial for you to try before you buy.  If you want to continue, there is a low monthly fee after that.  No contracts no commitments.  Mention appliantogy.org and get a extra month free.

#15 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,610 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

It looks like Rossware charges based on company size. Is anyone else using them or any other software that they are really happy with. Please share

I was going to try them but the cost was outrageous! I found field harmony and LOVE IT! It actually makes Rossware look outdated.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

#16 FieldHarmony

FieldHarmony

Samanera

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Mucho Aloha

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Dude that's awesome!  I am paullee1000!  I signed up way back in 2007 the year I started my service company!  I couldn't remember my login so I had to create a new login.  Its cool that you can look back and see my post history and see I'm not just a computer nerd, I'm also an appliance repair man!

I started as a one man doing EVERYTHING.  I was able to grow and hire several techs.  I quickly realized that I had no control of my business and desperately needed automation!  I would waste hours searching for paperwork!    Hence my last post, looking for a software solution.     And boy did I look.  I sent money to Swiftlink, I sent money to Mobilio always having to buy before I could try.  After a year of searching high and low and not finding anything that fit our needs, I got my best friend from college who is a programming ninja and we gave birth to a beautiful baby Field Harmony.   

Hand crafted for appliance repair companies.  Multi-visit repairs, parts tracking, scheduling, routing, dispatching...I thought of a lot.  I would love for the community to use it and get even more ideas to keep it growing.  We created a voting system for users to vote and suggest upcoming features.  Check it out www.fieldharmony.uservoice.com.  

I am both a technician and a business owner and built Field Harmony for speed & efficency from both aspects.  Please check it out and sign up for a free trial at www.fieldharmony.com  I would love to get feedback from the community.

You can be up and going in a matter of minutes.

Edited by FieldHarmony, 08 May 2014 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics