Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Dryer Ultimate Care

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Bill

Captain Bill

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

I need some help. The dryer was not spinning. I found the problem to be the small plastic coupling between the motor and the transmission. However, in the dismantling process I took out the three bolts that hold the transmission to the dryer frame. Now I can't raise the unit up full to reinsert the three bolts. I suspect something slipped out of place and now is not alligned properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:48 PM

Hello, my dismantled friend.  Do you know that in all  my years fighting with the Mujahideen and repairing appliances, I have never seen a dryer with a transmission?  Yes, it is true.  I stand before you-- naked and only a little ashamed due to the fact that Allah blessed me in my manhood-- to tell you that I am ignorant of this new technology of which you speak.  Please, enlighten an old man and tell us the model number of this amazing dryer.

Allahu Akbar!

#3 Captain Bill

Captain Bill

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

OOPS-I meant washer

#4 Captain Bill

Captain Bill

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:21 PM

Sorry about all these posts. The model number is LSR8233Eq0

#5 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

Hello again, my sorry friend.  It would seem that more than one of us are getting along in years.  Eh heh, I made a funny.  You see? 

Our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, has been instructing another grasshopper on this very subject in this topic.  Scroll down toward the end of the topic and the discussion evolves into your very problem.

Allahu Akbar!

#6 Captain Bill

Captain Bill

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

Thank You very much Moostafa, your a very honorable man.

#7 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

You are most welcome, my honorable friend.  I am pleased to have been of assistance to you. 

Allahu Akbar!

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:07 AM

Captain Bill, here's the info you need to successfully finish your repair as explained to the other "Grasshopper" in that discussion Moostafa directed you to.

Your turning an easy job into something difficult. You can't get the transmission to go back up all the way because the basket has dropped down when you released the brake after removing the transmission.

With the machine leaned back against a wall turn the brake cam to release the brake and push the brake/basket drive tube assembly back up all the way into the brake drum. You may need someone to help, while you release the brake have them lift the spin basket up as high as it will go then let go of the brake release cam. With the brake locked the brake/basket drive tube will hold the spin basket up where it belongs and the transmission will install as easy as pie.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#9 Captain Bill

Captain Bill

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:48 AM

Thanks A Million Willie. I'll let you know how I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics