Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Captain Bill

Whirlpool Dryer Ultimate Care

9 posts in this topic

I need some help. The dryer was not spinning. I found the problem to be the small plastic coupling between the motor and the transmission. However, in the dismantling process I took out the three bolts that hold the transmission to the dryer frame. Now I can't raise the unit up full to reinsert the three bolts. I suspect something slipped out of place and now is not alligned properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my dismantled friend.  Do you know that in all  my years fighting with the Mujahideen and repairing appliances, I have never seen a dryer with a transmission?  Yes, it is true.  I stand before you-- naked and only a little ashamed due to the fact that Allah blessed me in my manhood-- to tell you that I am ignorant of this new technology of which you speak.  Please, enlighten an old man and tell us the model number of this amazing dryer.

Sorry about all these posts. The model number is LSR8233Eq0

Hello again, my sorry friend.  It would seem that more than one of us are getting along in years.  Eh heh, I made a funny.  You see? 

Our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, has been instructing another grasshopper on this very subject in this topic.  Scroll down toward the end of the topic and the discussion evolves into your very problem.

Thank You very much Moostafa, your a very honorable man.

You are most welcome, my honorable friend.  I am pleased to have been of assistance to you. 

Captain Bill, here's the info you need to successfully finish your repair as explained to the other "Grasshopper" in that discussion Moostafa directed you to.

Your turning an easy job into something difficult. You can't get the transmission to go back up all the way because the basket has dropped down when you released the brake after removing the transmission.

With the machine leaned back against a wall turn the brake cam to release the brake and push the brake/basket drive tube assembly back up all the way into the brake drum. You may need someone to help, while you release the brake have them lift the spin basket up as high as it will go then let go of the brake release cam. With the brake locked the brake/basket drive tube will hold the spin basket up where it belongs and the transmission will install as easy as pie.

Thanks A Million Willie. I'll let you know how I did.