Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

possom767

Maytag smooth top range short

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new here and decided to give you a try because I'm perfectly capable of doing what the repair men do, and I want to save some money. I have a Maytag 5 burner range that we got over the weekend at an auction. Came home, plugged it in and started turning on all the burners and warming center. Before I could even set the clock, or figure out how to use the oven, I saw a spark come out from behind the clock display/oven control unit. Now everything else still works but I have no oven. I checked for a fuse but didn't recognize anything that looked like one. We are having an electrician buddy check the 220 wiring for fault. What do I need and how do I do to get the oven working?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Going to need the model and serial numbers before anyone can help you probably....

Sorry, I forgot. It's a Maytag Model#MER5770BHW  Serial#13956803AG

Pull the bottom drawer out and look for a little plastic envelope taped to the side-- it has the wiring diagram, You're gonna need to get your electrician friend back out to track down a wiring problem in the range.