Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher (New style) Headaches!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Knight Stalker

Knight Stalker

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:31 AM

I'm repairing a Jenn air slainless steel dishwasher about 2 yrs. old. The problem i'm having is that  during the wash cycle the dish washer will continue to wash for hrs. and won't advance to the drain and dry cycle unless someone turns the timer manually to these settings. I suspected from the beginning that the timer is bad , or one of the t-stats is bad going to the heater that will also cause the timer not to advance until the water reaches the right temp. The heater does come on in the dry cycle. I orderd a timer and all of the t-stats to replace but still unsure before I install them, I was told that may not be the problem because that model have a sensor on it that sences the clenliness of the water, and if the water is not clean it will also continue to wash without advancing the timer. So now I'm unsure of what the problem is and don't want to make several trips to this persons house, what do you think would be the most likely problem based on this model that I know nothing about.:yikes:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

JDB6510AWP

The wiring diagram reveals all. The only component that can stall the timer is the boost thermostat-- it's either bad or the heating element is open so the thermostat never closes.

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

Not the only thing that can stall the timer Samurai, you're forgetting the timer motor that stops working after it heats up.

Just had a Frigidaire this weekend. Same type of complaint, ran the machine, all appeared to be working normally. Finally after running thru more than half the cycle everything working timer advancing, next thing I know timer not advancing no matter where I put it.

Ohm'ed motor -- showed open. Put it in the freezer for a few minutes and it's working again. (NOTE: It is so crazy having to sell the customer a $100 timer when if the companies would just sell the timer motors as a seperate part things would actually be economical to repair. I've never been able to figure that out, the motors are a seperate detachable part of the timer but not available execpt for some of the Maytag washers and G.E. - but of oourse with G.E. just the motor is as much as a new timer almost.)

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:08 AM

A valuable pearl of wisdom gained by experience, Willie. Thanks for sharing. :dude:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics