Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Slow Flow - Maytag Dishwaser MDC4100AWE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mnybo

mnybo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:50 AM

The tub fills with water, but very little pushes through the jets.  I have tried my best to clean crusted soap and hard water build up out of the jets in both the upper and lower washing arms. I have also checked the "shower" tube to make sure that it is clear of debris.

When I start a rinse or wash cycle, I get a hard burst of water out of all of the jets top and bottom, but it immediately cuts off, pushing a slow pulsating stream of water only about an inch high through the bottom cleaning arm only.  I would appreciate any help someone might be able to offer!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

Try putting a couple cups of white vinegar in the tub. Start a cycle and let it run a few minutes, then open the door to stop the cycle. Let it soak a few hours, then close the door and restart the cycle.

If it gets better, you may want to do this a few times to get it cleaned out good.

PS  the house will smell like a pickle factory

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:50 AM

If that does not work then you may want to get into the dishwashers pump impeller area and look for a piece of plastic (or similar) that will block the port. Maybe twists after the water pressure is blasting up against it blocks the port. Just a thought. this is the wash impeller

Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics