Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fridgedair Gallery stainless gas range, How to replace Electrode looks like spark plug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:24 PM

Ok I understand that my housekeeper broke off the metal wire in the electrod while cleaning.  How do i get to this part?  Does the top come off for access or do i need to pull out and access from side.  Its a sealed burner what ever that is

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:31 PM

[user=360]sportytj[/user] wrote:

How do i get to this part? 

Hello, my understanding friend.  This is difficult to say without a model number.  Our most dear, gracious, wise, and all-glorious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, has prepared this epistle just for you in case you needed help locating your model number. 

Allahu Akbar!

#3 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

Im sorry mr miagi me Danusan not wax on wax off i will get the model number right now

#4 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:36 PM

Model number FGF379WJCB

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

Lift the caps off all the burners and then remove all the burner mounting screws (item 37).  Do this for all the burners, not just the affected one.  The stove top panel then lifts off and you then have unencumbered access to the electrode. 

You can buy the replacement electrode here.

Posted Image

#6 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

Yes ok so it screws out not in what size of tool would i need?  My current tools dont work.  Looks like there are five small sides to it:banana:

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

Buy a nut driver set while you're ordering the electrode.  :tinkerbell:

#8 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

My eternal master maybe one day i will change my name from Jeeplord to appliance lord of Utah with you help

#9 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:29 AM

Samurai, I don't think that nut driver sets going to do it for our "Grasshopper".

Sportytj said "Looks like there are five small sides to it".

Sounds like a torx screw to me......
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:22 AM

Ah, but remember this is information being reported by a grasshopper so the keyword is discernment.  I know from working on these ranges that the burner retaining nut is 1/4" hex.

#11 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

Uto i used the 3/16 driver and got the rears off but the front problem one is striped and cant get any bite?:yikes: I looked at Lowes to find out what size i needed and found most of the lower model fridged airs use 1/4 and mine is 3/16.  The other ranges where easy to get to cause of the front two tabs only needed to be pushed in.  Mine has some two inch tabs but cant seem to loosen them at all.  So im guessing you guys are right that i need to undo all screws ontop first and hopfully the top comes off:shock:  Should i drill out the problem ones?

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, I hate when that happens.  You can try vice grips.  You may end up drilling it out if you've rounded it off too much.  Not big thang, just replace it with any low-profile sheet metal screw... or don't even bother replacing it.  I won't tell anyone if you won't.

#13 sportytj

sportytj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:20 PM

How about if i try and take the appliance out unhook the gas and stuff can i gain access through a side panel?  Take off the front philips and rears?

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:22 AM

Sounds a bit like going around your elbow to get to your butthole.  :P

I'd reach for my drill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics