Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Matt_In_Michigan

Kenmore Elite Range Model No 79099013101

6 posts in this topic

So, my recalled Figgindaire-in Kenmore Elite Clothing-bake element flamed out.  I have ordered the replacement element.  The old element shorted and took out the connector on one end. 

How do I safely power my stove back on, I don't want to waste away :D, without risking shorting something else out?  All I have are the 2 wires with the connectors on the ends? 

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

could just install it.

the shorted Element may have already taken out the Oven Controller ...  :violin:

Owner Guide:  

316257910en

Wiring Diagram:  

Installation Instructions:  

316259200en

Parts Manual:  

Tech Data:  

316259133en

Unfortunately when it shorted, it burnt the terminal off one end of the element.  I have an element with only 1 terminal.

you have to buy another new element...next time try unplugging the range or turning the breaker off. if the wire end was also damaged make sure you replace it with a "high temp" terminal crimped securely (not just smashed with pliers).

I have the new element on order, should be here tomorrow-ish.  I've never had any other problems replacing elements.  However, most of those were much older models. 

Why is the element live, even when there's not signal for heat?  To say that I was surprised by that, would be an understatement.  My shorts speak for themselves.  :yikes:

1 side of the bake and the broil is wired directly to line voltage.... you just got lucky the other times ;)