Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

U-Line Refrigorator/Freezer Model# JLN-C075FB-00

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 socal88

socal88

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:09 PM

The ice maker drips water into the ice bin and creates one large block of ice.  I have tried adding a filter to the water thinking that there was a water issue, but to no avail.

Please assist with recommendations great samuari repair master.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

Are you sure it's the icemaker that drips and not the filltube?

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:30 AM

Reply from Bob Sankie:

On 9/26/05, Asteysn2@***.com> wrote:

Im an authorized U-Line servicer and many of the ice molds were drilled near the front to allow excess water to drain from it. (yeah, I know... why not just adjust the dater valve timing?)
So the first thing is to find out if theres been a hol drilled in the mold. It will be easy to spot, generally just roughly drilled into the side.

#4 socal88

socal88

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:48 AM

Yes, there is a rough and crude hole in the front ice cube mold.

What to do now?  Is there a replacement for this part or does the entire ice maker need to be replaced with an updated ice maker.

Thanks for the help, we are moving in the right direction, or so it appears.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

I do not know what the authorized fix for this would be as have never heard of this, but, if it were my ice maker think that hole would be plugged with some sort of food grade hi-temp epoxy of some kind.....:?
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

Another reply from m'main man, Bob:

That is exactly the course of action I take, IN SPITE of what the factory has done. The Icemaker has to be taken down or at least accessed to a point where smoothing the epoxy on the Ice side of the mold is possible where impeding the ejection of ice is not a factor.

When I asked the factory why they were drilling holes in the molds, they said it was to prevent overfilling of the icemold. Hey, maybe Im wrong here, but... isn't that what the ice thickness adjustment screw is for???

Anyway they said that some of the molds were drilled a bit too low in the mold and ergo the water of course seeps into the bucket, fills the voids, turning it into an ice block

For those of you that havent yet seen this, its quite remarkable. Someone with a 1/4 inch drill goes right into the white plastic guard and thru the mold, not even dressing out the hole. Looks like something your kid might do.

Since im an authorized servicer, I remain annoymous on this one.
Oh great samuri, protect me from those that would pull me from thier roles!

#7 Lurker_Trey_*

Lurker_Trey_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:46 PM

I have a U-line Model 75FF

S/N 7CF618706    9(29)

I have the same problem.

The icemaker leaks water from the bottom of the unit. I have adjusted the fill level and verified that the tray is not overflowing, but the water seems to still come through the unit and is leaking into the ice bin creating a large clump of ice.

My main question is how to remove the icemaker in order to repair or replace it. It has the normal two screws that you remove like most other icemakers. But after you remove those screws the unit is still attached to the wall of the ice compartment. There must be some hidden screws. How do you get to them? Does anybody have a parts diagram with part numbers showing how the icemaker is attached to the wall of the refrigerator or some disassembly instructions?

Thanks for your help.

Trey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics