Heating Element with No Resistance
Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:00 PM
Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:08 PM
No. Most likely you've either dropped one of the hot legs on the dryer outlet or the thermal fuse is open. More info here.
I assume there is a short that is bypassing the element. Does this sound right?.
Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:22 PM
Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:47 PM
Use your meter to measure for 240v at the dryer outlet. Apparently, our illustrious host says that the dryer motor can run on 120v, but the element need 240v to get hot.
I think it would be advisable to check the continuity of anything that is round with two terminals on it, regardless of their name. If any of them are open, you should replace them.
I am afraid that is as much as I can comprehend. The remainder of the Samurai's glistening pearls wisdom are too brilliant for this old and dottery man to bear. Come, take the torch and march onward to victory and Paradise, where you shall be served fresh grapes by young, scantily-clad virginal boys.
Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:53 PM
Do you mean that it has infinite resistance? In other words, when you short your probes together, you get zero (or near zero) resistance. Is this what you get when you touch them to the heating element terminals? Or is there no reading, as though you didn't put the probes on anything?
I've read posts here and checked the resistance at the heating element. There is no resistance.
Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:11 PM
Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:16 PM
Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:22 PM
That's the picture of what I'm looking at. I checked, with all wires still connected, at various places with the same results.
Sorry for my confusion.
Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:25 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users