Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Gas oven not heating*******!!!*******

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Ari in Norcal_*

Lurker_Ari in Norcal_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:31 AM

O'Keefe and Merritt Oven/Range

Thank you for this excellent blog.

My problem: an oven that does not heat.

The oven/range: O'Keefe and Merritt c.1980

Serial: 30-6247-00/12169-11241644

What it does do: When I turn the oven knob, MOST of the time, I hear a 'click' and a second later the ignitor/glowing 'pilot' device comes on. That's it. No heating going on.

Learned: T-stat no longer available and no replacement. Valve is $162.25 and not in stock. And the kicker - I'm told that this model had a pilot, not ignitor, so there is no ignitor to buy if it is the ignitor.

Lead up: erratic baking experiences.

I thought it was the thermostat, but if I am hearing the click and it is igniting, it appears the thermostat is okay.

In any case, I am told by Poletski's the Eureka, Ca appliance repair center that the t-stat for this oven is no longer available and there is no substitute/generic part available.

I have not inquired about the ignitor or bimetal valve yet.

I do not have an amp meter designed to go around something...and it's not clear to me from the diagram where I would put it around, unless you mean to indicate around the whole section of tube/valve area?

Suggestions?

Much thanks,
Ari in Norcal

ovenproblem@truenorthmarketing.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Dude, if you can't even get parts for this antique, how do you expect to fix it?

I can't find anything with the model number you supplied-- it's probably been deleted from the database.

Fuggetaboutit.

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:04 AM

Hi Ari, This is Willie, we spoke on the phone about your problem.

Like I told you, I'm sure you have an ignitor problem --- everything you have said so far points in that direction.

Like I told you, I have the ignitor you need--- New $40.00, Used $15.00 and If you want me to come and verify and install for you offer still stands as to what I already offered to you.

Did you by chance maybe lose my email that I sent to you and/or my phone#???

If so, fill free to call: 442-0647 or reply back here if you want me to send the copy of the last email to you.

I left 2 or 3 messages on the phone# you gave me and you never got back to me so I assumed you had this taken care of.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics