Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest Ari in Norcal

Gas oven not heating*******!!!*******

3 posts in this topic

O'Keefe and Merritt Oven/Range

Thank you for this excellent blog.

My problem: an oven that does not heat.

The oven/range: O'Keefe and Merritt c.1980

Serial: 30-6247-00/12169-11241644

What it does do: When I turn the oven knob, MOST of the time, I hear a 'click' and a second later the ignitor/glowing 'pilot' device comes on. That's it. No heating going on.

Learned: T-stat no longer available and no replacement. Valve is $162.25 and not in stock. And the kicker - I'm told that this model had a pilot, not ignitor, so there is no ignitor to buy if it is the ignitor.

Lead up: erratic baking experiences.

I thought it was the thermostat, but if I am hearing the click and it is igniting, it appears the thermostat is okay.

In any case, I am told by Poletski's the Eureka, Ca appliance repair center that the t-stat for this oven is no longer available and there is no substitute/generic part available.

I have not inquired about the ignitor or bimetal valve yet.

I do not have an amp meter designed to go around something...and it's not clear to me from the diagram where I would put it around, unless you mean to indicate around the whole section of tube/valve area?

Suggestions?

Much thanks,

Ari in Norcal

ovenproblem@truenorthmarketing.com

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dude, if you can't even get parts for this antique, how do you expect to fix it?

I can't find anything with the model number you supplied-- it's probably been deleted from the database.

Fuggetaboutit.

Hi Ari, This is Willie, we spoke on the phone about your problem.

Like I told you, I'm sure you have an ignitor problem --- everything you have said so far points in that direction.

Like I told you, I have the ignitor you need--- New $40.00, Used $15.00 and If you want me to come and verify and install for you offer still stands as to what I already offered to you.

Did you by chance maybe lose my email that I sent to you and/or my phone#???

If so, fill free to call: 442-0647 or reply back here if you want me to send the copy of the last email to you.

I left 2 or 3 messages on the phone# you gave me and you never got back to me so I assumed you had this taken care of.