Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Arctica making too much ice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mitchp

mitchp

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:08 PM

Bought this 3 years ago and it always made too much ice, forcing the shelf on top to move out of it's groove. Had a GE repair guy over recently to look at my dryer and mentioned the fridge. He said that GE knows of the problem and re-designed a part, but of course wanted bookoo money to repair. Does anyone know what this magical part is to limit the ice production and where to get it?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:58 PM

This wondrous device, I have seen, in some of the newer GE refrigerators,  I Believe. You will love this spectacular upgrade,  make you one with the force It will.     

It is a newer more modern more perfect feeler arm (that flat white thing that moves back and forth).  The new feeler arm is curved downward at its end thereby reaching further down into the ice bin stopping the manufacture of ice much sooner.
      If you endure and persevere and never give up  in your quest you may find the thing in which you seek.  Ask yourself you may "Why is a Jedi Master looking at the newer more modern more perfect GE refrigerators so soon after their warranties run out?"  The answer is quite simple, its because they suck.  

#3 mitchp

mitchp

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:17 AM

I'd be interested in where you saw this improvement. I just called GE parts and they claim there is no redesign on the original part (even though the repair man claimed so). Also, the feeler arm looks to be part of the icemaker assembly (see attached part 820) - over $100 part. I would hope that only the plastic arm could be replaced for 1/10 the cost.

I'm curious if anyone else with this model has the same problem or any suggestions on how to solve it (besides buying a new fridge, of course).

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics