Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

another defective customer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

prolly posted this one before but i'll do it again after reading the bleach one

i was sent out to change the cooktop on a brand new friggy range cause it was damaged

showed up on time to change a cooktop, and the customer was boiling water on the cooktop when they knew i was going to be there to change it!!!

it was a weekend so i waited for it to cool, incase anyone isn't familiar with friggy the gas cooktops are held in by clips on the side, you do not have to open the oven door to change the cooktop

so i changed the cooktop and i left

a few days later we get a call from an insurance company saying the stove i worked on burst into flames and the kitchen was damaged

i was horrified thinking i had damaged someones house

the insurance company discribed the damage as burnt paper and plastic packaging material that ignited inside the range

the customer claimed i must have put the packaging from the replacement part inside the oven

when we looked into our warranty claim we found before i arrived to change the cooktop the customer had complianed to the dealer that the burner grates and covers as well as the use and care manual were missing

the dealer had sent out these parts from a unit they had in stock

when we inspected the damaged range we found the missing grates/covers inside the burnt oven

the customer without ever opening the oven had turned it on and COOKED THEIR BOOK

for the record, its over 20 years and i still get my no claims discount on insurance

if i ever have to buy someone a new kitchen floor before my wife gets hers, i might as well kill myself first

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:07 PM

Thus the moniker Burnt Toast ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Reminds me of the delivery guys from Best Buy who delivered and installed my washer and dryer, they left my use and care guide in the washer and started it.  AND they only finger tightened my fill hoses. I had to tighten the fill hoses with channel locks after they left.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics