Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
BrntToast

smelly dishwasher

4 posts in this topic

just incase your machine developes a smell cause it sat idle,  etc

a very inexpensive cure is TANG, the powdered juice crystal

yes.... TANG

it contains citric acid, the active ingredient in the expensive cleaners

its not only cheaper, it smells better, and its definatly more enviromentaly safe, cause you can drink the stuff

so you could in theroy use it with a load of dishes, cause hey... they would taste like orange after 

however if your machine still smells foul after

you need to check how the drain line is installed, under your sink is a p-trap(an elblow that retains water and blocks sewer gas from rising)

the dishwasher drain must be installed BEFORE the p-trap

if an inexpierienced installer plumbs the dishwasher after this trap it is possible for sewer gas(methane) to enter your dishwasher, this will give a foul odor whenever the machine is not used for several days

if you believe you have this problem please post a description of how your machine is hooked up and we will tell you if it is done incorrectly

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Good to know if I ever decide to hook up a D/W in my laundry room

Rumor I heard from Sears days - use lemon , as orange might leave a slight stain - don't think so but this is what I was told.

[user=637]kdog[/user] wrote:

Good to know if I ever decide to hook up a D/W in my laundry room

Topic moved to the Kitchen forum. :D:P