Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JUNK GE GSS20IEMBWW new motherboard

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

If you notice the diagram that Jabko has posted you will see the thermistor value chart, this shows the resistance value the thermistor should have at a particular temp.  Having already changed the safety and the heater there is only the thermistor and the board left.  The thermistor is the lkely culprit as already stated, the older ones are prominent for going bad.  I have had them show to be in spec and still not work right, so I change them on every job I do automatically (besides there in-expensive anyway). Trouble is there is no real way (I know of) to test the board. Change the thermistor and keep an eye on it if it does freeze up you will be changing the board,  if not then you GTG......good  luck ....check back
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 mike1148

mike1148

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

Guess no one knows where i could find a tech manual on GE sxs?

THank you  for all your Help!!! Sure is nice to talk with people that has the same oppinion of ge as i do... thanks again

#23 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

The Samurai has them on the X-drive for us techs, if you will wait for him to get in from his Fix-it-Do'ing this evening or tomorrow, he might be so inclined to post a link to a manual for you, we cannot do this, only the Samurai..;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#24 mike1148

mike1148

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

I sure thank all you guys for  the quick responses and great info.... best forum I ever been too... I figured it would be days for i got a response.

thanks again! Mike Johnson

#25 dp_sos

dp_sos

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

Jabko,

Would it be possible for you to post or send me the tech sheet you developed?  It would be most appreciated!  --Duc

#26 jabko

jabko

Yamabushi

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

Click on the link below, or do a google search for a wr55x10656 and click on pictures to search and it comes up on the first page, this tech sheet is getting old and the board on the newer unit has additional plugs, the board the sheet was on a wr55x10552, good luck email if you need assistance with a problem, John

http://images.google...0656&hl=en&um=1

#27 elmonducky

elmonducky

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cabernet Sauvignon

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

just read this, any chance of getting a copy of your "cheat sheet"?????

#28 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

did you click on the thumbnail in the above link ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#29 dp_sos

dp_sos

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:41 AM

Mucho Gracias, Jabko!  The diagram looks very informative.  I have a different model, GE GSS23SGSBSS, but I hope the schematic is still applicable.   Thanks again!  -- Duc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics