Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Tech Tip of The Week VII

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

This is for the hard core techs...........When soldering the capillary tube to the filter dryer, try this..........On the cap tube leave the first one inch as is, do not use scotchbrite/ plumpers tape on it............Clean the next 1 to 2 inches area... That is the area of solder.................Just before inserting the cap tube, take your finger and run it across your nose or forehead and wipe it on the first one inch of the cap tube......... Your body oil will not let the solder travel past that point,, almost no chance of solder migrating into the filter /dryer ................ I have been doing this for years... '0' leaks.............

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

great tip, CTG.  i have always left the first inch unsanded but never thought about the sweat wipe.

been a while since i brazed a cap tube shut but i would prefer not to ever have it happen again!
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics