Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Modern Maid Range Making Strange Rapid Chirping Noise

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sopmod

sopmod

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:33 AM

Range = Modern Maid Co. Topton, PA
Model = PHU101-UK
Fuel = LP

Range is making a higher pitched consistent staccato chirping noise: such as boop-boop-boop-boop-boop...

I was able to turn on all four top burners as well as the oven. However, the above mentioned noise still occurred throughout the lighting process.

Could there be a problem with Gas delivery to some regulator inside the range creating air in the line? (the burners appear to light fine and have a consistent flame though)

Thank you for any and all help!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:43 AM

I would be afraid of air or water from the tank, is the propane tank full??  MIght want to check the tank level??
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 sopmod

sopmod

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:31 AM

>I would be afraid of air or water from the tank,
> is the propane tank full??

I called the propane to have them "top off" the LP tank which is 100 gallons. I'll check tomorrow morning for condensation on the outside of the tank in an attempt to see how much LP might be in the tank.

> MIght want to check the tank level??

The 100 gal vertical tank appears to be level.

I tried to edit my post earlier to add additional information but was not allowed.

After my earlier post, I shutoff the breaker switch to the range and the noise stopped. Upon turning the breaker on the noise started immediately.

It appears to me that there might be a problem with the electrical components of the range, maybe in the ignition assembly?

Thank you for responding to my post!

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

Sorry, I do not have a clue, sounds like a range from Hell!!!  I would be shutting the breaker off to this range till someone else in here might come onto the board who has an idea what is causing this!!  :shock:

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:26 PM

If you're not smelling gas, I would not suspect the gas components. Your test with shutting the breaker off and on was a good one and proved that the problem is electrical, I'm betting a membrane switch that's just starting to wear through.

#6 Lurker__*

Lurker__*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:33 AM

One of my dobies (90+ lbs) decided to chase our horse (1200+ lbs) and the laws of physics favored the horse. The Dobie broke all four metacarpals mid-shaft on his left front foot after being stepped on. Dobie is ok, but may require surgery.

I'm just getting back to trying to resolve the stove problem.

I would like to replace the membrane switch on the stove. Where can I find a parts break out diagram for part numbers?

Range = Modern Maid Co. Topton, PA
Model = PHU101-UK
Fuel = LP

#7 sopmod

sopmod

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:35 AM

Thought I was logged in, my post is above...

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:38 AM

These are the model numbers Sears is showing, does not list any -UK so do not know if these parts would match your range???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics