sopmod

Modern Maid Range Making Strange Rapid Chirping Noise

8 posts in this topic

Range = Modern Maid Co. Topton, PA

Model = PHU101-UK

Fuel = LP

Range is making a higher pitched consistent staccato chirping noise: such as boop-boop-boop-boop-boop...

I was able to turn on all four top burners as well as the oven. However, the above mentioned noise still occurred throughout the lighting process.

Could there be a problem with Gas delivery to some regulator inside the range creating air in the line? (the burners appear to light fine and have a consistent flame though)

Thank you for any and all help!

I would be afraid of air or water from the tank, is the propane tank full??  MIght want to check the tank level??

>I would be afraid of air or water from the tank,

> is the propane tank full??

I called the propane to have them "top off" the LP tank which is 100 gallons. I'll check tomorrow morning for condensation on the outside of the tank in an attempt to see how much LP might be in the tank.

> MIght want to check the tank level??

The 100 gal vertical tank appears to be level.

I tried to edit my post earlier to add additional information but was not allowed.

After my earlier post, I shutoff the breaker switch to the range and the noise stopped. Upon turning the breaker on the noise started immediately.

It appears to me that there might be a problem with the electrical components of the range, maybe in the ignition assembly?

Thank you for responding to my post!

Sorry, I do not have a clue, sounds like a range from Hell!!!  I would be shutting the breaker off to this range till someone else in here might come onto the board who has an idea what is causing this!!  :shock:

If you're not smelling gas, I would not suspect the gas components. Your test with shutting the breaker off and on was a good one and proved that the problem is electrical, I'm betting a membrane switch that's just starting to wear through.

One of my dobies (90+ lbs) decided to chase our horse (1200+ lbs) and the laws of physics favored the horse. The Dobie broke all four metacarpals mid-shaft on his left front foot after being stepped on. Dobie is ok, but may require surgery.

I'm just getting back to trying to resolve the stove problem.

I would like to replace the membrane switch on the stove. Where can I find a parts break out diagram for part numbers?

Range = Modern Maid Co. Topton, PA

Model = PHU101-UK

Fuel = LP

Thought I was logged in, my post is above...