Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nowwhatbroke

nowwhatbroke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

My Maytag Model#DWU9962AAB dishwasher recently began to stop in mid-cycle and display "blocked drain" on the face panel.  I am able to get the cycle to complete if I open and close the door; however no luck in finding the cause of the evil.  I have already checked for pieces of ? where the water drains out in the bottom of the tub.  I have also removed and blown out the drain hose to be sure it is clear.  Still, the evil persists.  Do I need to take the pump apart next?

Pages from manual and schematic attached.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nowwhatbroke

nowwhatbroke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:32 AM

Hellllooooo......

Anyone with an idea?????

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,902 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:17 AM

Whoa! This one slipped by. And you even posted a cool pdf attachment. Thanks for being persistent.

Let's start with the basics. First step is to tear into the pump from inside the diswasher and see if you can find any out-of-place gookus that might be causing an obstruction.

#4 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:13 PM

did you recently change out the garbage disposal? if you didnt remove the knockout the didshwasher wont act right ,just covering all bases

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#5 nowwhatbroke

nowwhatbroke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

I took everything apart, down to the point where I was looking at the perforated plate where the water goes out to the pump.  I did find a couple of pieces of chopped-up plastic (like Ziploc bag thickness) floating around; but they weren't big enough to block the outlet too badly.  After reassembling, I ran a rinse cycle and it was OK.  Everything drained.  Then I ran a regular wash cycle and again got the BLOCKED DRAIN warnings, so I opened and closed the door to reset it a couple of times to complete the wash cycle.

#6 nowwhatbroke

nowwhatbroke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

I installed the disposal over a year ago.  The knockout was knocked-out.

Thanx

#7 nowwhatbroke

nowwhatbroke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:29 PM

Does anyone know how this machine determines that it has a blockage?  What kind of sensor does it use?

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:51 AM

I haven't worked on a Maytag like this one so I'm only going on general ideas from looking at the parts breakdown and wiring diagram.

This is a computer controlled unit, and there is a part on the wiring diagram called "Wash Process Sensor" and also a "Rinse-Aid Sensor".

Part ref# 32 is called a "Sensor Cluster" I don't know if this contains both of the above sensors or not. This sensor may be something to do with or actually the problem. Don't just go replacing it though becuase I'm not totally sure, let someone else that knows the operation of this part guide you further along in your repair.

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/DW14-22.gif

There is also the possiblity that the controller board senses the amp draw of the motor and if all the water hasn't been drained in the alotted time the motor will still be pulling a higher amperage telling the computer that the drain is block.

Don't know how strong the water stream is coming out the drain but when you tore the pump down to the screen, you didn't get down to the lowest bottom impeller which is the drain impeller. There is the possiblity that something has damaged the drain impeller so it's not draining fast enough.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics