Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bobm681

Frigidaire washer Knob

4 posts in this topic

Frigidaire Washer

Model WC2M-W*1

Serial 50EJ1550

The main control knob broke. I reseached and found this part which I bought.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=633

It arrived today. It matches the original. I just can't figure out how to install it... Does it press on? Or, do I have to do something with the metal band around the plastic sleeve on the knob?

Thanks.

Bob

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I cannot see the back of the knob, but if it is a D shaft knob and you cannot push it on look on the timer shaft to see if there is an insert left on the shaft from the old knob that would have to be removed to install the new one.  If this is a different style knob, we will wait for someone who knows how this installs....  :)

This is not a "D" shaft knob. The knob when pulled out in the on position should just spin without turning anything. When the knob is pressed in the machine is off and the teeth on the knob engage the teeth on the dial skirt that actually moves the timer to set it at whatever cycle you want.

Do you have the old knob off? If so the new one should just press straight down and on. It will take a little pressure to get it to snap down over the nub on the end of the timer shaft that holds it on. Make sure the metel clip that came with the new knob is on the knob as in this picture or the knob will not stay on.

473860_3_M.jpg

You are correct in that it is not a D-shaft knob.

The old knob is off and all remnants removed from the shaft. I tried to press it on, and there was more resistence than I felt comfortable. So I didn't want to keep pushing.

Now that I know I was on the right track with what I was doing, I'll be a little more aggressive with the $25.00 plastic part... thanks.

Bob