Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
The Garmin Man

Poor Cooling - Jenn Air JSD2789AEB

29 posts in this topic

O wise one, It has been many days since we have last communicated.  It seems as if the freezer coils continually ice up. Everything is clean and there are no obstructions.  I find myself thawing out the coils about every two weeks.  I do not believe that the coils are getting defrosted.  What items must I check to insure proper operation?  Your wisdom as always is appreciated.:yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You have returned, and with a different problem on your fridge. This will be a defrost system problem, usually the ADC board, but easy enough to verify. If I were on the call, I'd tear apart the freezer ('cuz I'd have to defrost it anyway) and check the heater and defrost terminator for continuity. If they check out, then I'd slap in a new ADC board and warranty the repair for a year. No call backs yet! :)

Oh Wise One, I have checked the items you described and they show continuity.  I am leaning toward the defrost board.  Before I tear into neverland, could you briefly describe where the board would be located and how best to get to it?  On another note, I have read your plea for beer fund replenishment and have authorized my financial institution to send you a small token of my gratitude.  I also see that you like to wander the mountains with your german companion.  We do the same here in Oregon.  We also have a german companion plus 3 wild ones from Siberia.  Should you ever need assistance with a Garmin GPS please do not hesitate to ask.  As always, we appreciate your wisdom and the fact that you share it!

The ADC board is inside the beer compartment, up top, right at the ceiling. Remove the top shelf inside the beer compartment so you can stick your head inside and turn it to the sky. The ADC control is in the that top-most control compartment, right hand side. Start by unplugging the refrigerator.

There are two sets of screws,a Phillips pair, and another 1/4" pair, toward the front that need to be removed. There's also a pair of 1/4" screws on the back way that need to come out. This diagram might illustrate it better.

Now, here's the tricky part. To pull the control plate tray out, you need to pull the tray down and toward you at the same time. It's tricky until you get the hang of it. Remember: finesse, not force. You're dealing with cheap plastic-- if you force it too much, it'll break.

The details may vary slightly among models but improvise, adapt and ye shall overcome.