Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

DrFrige

GE Oven (JKP27W0W1WW)

4 posts in this topic

Here is a strange one for me. This is a GE double oven... top is electronically controlled and the bottom has a manual thermostat and selector switch. Top oven is F2 coding .. I know "Survey says 'SENSOR'" but here is the kicker (There always has to be a "kicker")

When I set the upper oven for bake or broil JUST the broil element turns on. It reaches temp, beeps at me yet the broil element doesn't shut off.

Now I have never seen the unit go into F2, the customer said it does so I have to take her word for it. I am going for the controller on this one. Any one of you seasoned GE techs have other opinions or experiences that tell me I am wrong?

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

from the 31-9084 service manual (if needed):

F2 Over temperature inside oven cavity as measured by sensor over 650°F

(which may happen if the Broil Element is staying ON)

F3 Open oven sensor

F4 Shorted oven sensor

Electronic clock control. *Wiring could differ from original, will possibly need to be installed by an appliance repairperson.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=844426

00570598.jpg

F2 is an overtemperature code. Cooling fan could be defective or cutting out at higher temps. Cooling fan switch could be defective.

Thank you guys! Yes, the broil is staying on so that is what is giving us the Overtemp fault.

Have I ever mentioned that I love this place? :D