Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

emichi

kenmore oven

21 posts in this topic

I was baking at 375 for 1 hour the other night and the F1 warning flashed across the screen. I opened the oven and the broiler was on high (I never turned the broiler on!) and I couldn't turn the oven off. We had to pull the breaker. The next morning, we turned the power back on and the oven broiler came on again. In about 5 minutes the F1 warning started again, we couldn't turn the oven off and again pulled the breaker. My husband is quite handy and has fixed appliances before. Some tips for where to get started would be great.

Thanks,

Erica

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

F1 usually indicates to Replace Electronic Range Control/Clock (ERC), however no model number is shown that I can see to tell who made this range for Sears. 

I know the model number doesn't correlate with the chart you have available. However, I promise that I found it inside the door and checked it with a flashlight! I also called Sears and they acknowledged that this was a model of theirs, but the person on the phone didn't know who the maker was.

Thanks,

Erica

oven won't turn off.....no where in your heading or in your post have I found where you typed in the model number, perhaps you can help me find where you put it???

Not coming up, there are not enough numbers, need 3 numbers followed wiith a . then 7-8 more numbers please

This is a Frigidaire range, if it is the ERC it is reference # 20 in this breakdown, part number 316222902 replaced by 316207502R.  I will go and verify the F1 for Frigidaire and re-post if it is for a different repair fault.

Ignore this post.

FRIGIDAIRE

Range/Stove/Oven Fault Codes Version 2

[align=center]Failure

Code [/align]

[align=center]Condition[/align]

[align=center]Check/Repair[/align]

[align=left]F0 & F1 [/align]

[align=left]EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure [/align]

[align=left]Replace [/align]

[align=left]F2[/align]

[align=left]Oven too hot [/align]

[align=left]Check Bake function [/align]

[align=left]F3[/align]

[align=left]Oven temperature sensor open[/align]

[align=left]Check oven temperature sensor, 1100 ohms[/align]

[align=left]F4[/align]

[align=left]Oven temperature sensor shorted[/align]

[align=left]Replace component [/align]

[align=left]F5, 6, 7 [/align]

[align=left]EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure[/align]

[align=left]Replace component [/align]

[align=left]F8 [/align]

[align=left]Lock switches[/align]

[align=left]Check or Replace component[/align]

FRIGIDAIRE

Range/Stove/Oven Fault Codes Version 3

[align=center]Failure

Code [/align]

F0 & F1

EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure

Replace EOC (Electronic Oven Control)

F2

Oven too hot

Likely a bad oven temperature sensor (should read 1100 ohms) Possible bad EOC (Electronic Oven Control)

F3

Oven temperature sensor open

Replace oven temperature sensor

F4

Oven temperature sensor shorted

Replace oven temperature sensor

F5 or F6 or F7

EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure

Replace EOC(Electronic Oven Control)

FRIGIDAIRE

Range/Stove/Oven Fault Codes Version 4

[align=center]Failure

Code [/align]

F1

Circuit board defective

Replace control board

F2

1. The oven temp has risen above 665F and the door is not locked or

2. The temp has risen above 965F with the door locked

1. Check oven temp in mode that failure occurred. Replace EOC (Electronic Oven Control) if above limits

2. Check 8-pin connector. Check and replace oven temperature sensor if necessary

F3

Oven temperature sensor is open (above 3000 ohms)

Check resistance of oven temperature sensor, check for open wiring between oven temperature sensor and control

F4

Oven temperature sensor is shorted (below 500 ohms)

Check resistance of oven temperature sensor, check for shorted wiring between oven temperature sensor and control

F5

Internal watchdog circuit has detected a failure

Defective EOC (Electronic Oven Control)

F6

Shorted buttons

Check push buttons and dome switches on control

F8

Logic interrupted (lock motor switch sequence)

Check door lock switches and wiring

Frigidaire FEF355ASC - Electric Range

I am getting an instant turn on to max power of the bake element on my oven. I just plug it in and it goes to max power without touching the controls. If I adjust the temp or try to 'clear all' from the front panel, the panel responds but the oven continues heating up.

I do notice that when I plug into the receptacle I hear a faint chatter coming from the control board - probably a small relay. I can see not evidence of damaged circuitry on the control board. The temperature probe looks to be ok. There appears to be no control units (relays, thermostats, etc.) mounted elsewhere on the oven. Just the temp probe.

I have no 'F' error indications on the front panel.

Still, I think it is the control board.

This all started tonight, my wife was cooking all was going well and then the apple crumble started to burn because the oven was in runaway.

Any clues?

One of the relays on the board is stuck in the "on" or closed position. You'll need to replace the board. It's an easy job, Samurai should have a link to get the part.

Nick

Pegi,

I have a Kenmore 790.95301100 Electric Range that had the exact same problem.  Is this the same fix--changing out the board?

AF ART

Would assume so...

Thx.  I don't have my manaul and I'm having difficulty finding parts sites for Kenmore appliances.  Might you be able to tell me how to find the correct part number for this model?