Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

When your own wife calls in a service call

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DrFrige

DrFrige

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

So, I am at work chugging away to earn money to support the wife, kids, beer habit and my bride calls me and asks "How do I take the front off our dryer?" I said "What the heck do you need to do that fer?" She retorts with "Oh, because it is on fire"

Hmmmm so with this information, I then suggest that she should call our local firefighters to watch our tax dollars work for us. She says "No, it's ok, the smoke is subsiding and I don't want our home flooded" (Singed, I guess is ok, but water? no. we don't want that)

Anyway, My bride gets it open, and ONCE AGAIN a lint ball has fallen right in line with the burner box. (this is the third time this has happened to us with this POS dryer)

Fisher & Paykel front loader if anyone is curious.

Now MOST wives ask their husbands "honey, on your way home from work, can you pick up milk, or bread, or some sort of small sundry item" NO! my bride said to me that day "Honey, can you pick up a new dryer on your way home from work?"

WITH PLEASURE! We served our F&P dryer eviction papers and are now the proud parents of a Whirlpool built Maytag dryer.

Wife is happy, so life is happy.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

[user=9641]DrFrige[/user] wrote:

... and are now the proud parents of a Whirlpool built Maytag dryer..

one of these ?

Maytag Centenial Washer & Dryer $249 ea
FREE DELIVERY Home Depot

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

That Fisher & Paykel dryer was made by GE of Canada (Mabe) I'm guessing yours was a gas model.
Scott Wolf

#4 DrFrige

DrFrige

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

[user=19296]Scottthewolf[/user] wrote:

That Fisher & Paykel dryer was made by GE of Canada (Mabe) I'm guessing yours was a gas model.

Yes! and F&P had the balls to actually say (after we threw the POS out) "Oh, we would have done something about it, you should have let us know"

WHAT? I have been Factory Authorized for them for over 12 years and they never let us know they were doing something for customers who have had this issue. Besides, What were they going to do? replace it with a top loading dryer? I am sorry but I just don't have the room to keep the spare bearings, lint filters, scrapers, ignitors, idler wheels in my home.

Can you tell I have bitter feelings towards F&P? :shock:

#5 jeff lee

jeff lee

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

I have side pain from laughing my guts out...
Believe me, I have seen my share of dryer fires in my career
However, we did have to use good ol H20 to extinguish them...

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
If a Dryer fire starts somewhere.. it travels up the Vents ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

On the Frigidaire electric dryers I have seen the 240 volt power cords melted to the back of the dryers .

The only dryer I think that is any good anymore is Whirlpool's old school 29 inch dryer with the lint screen on the top, NON Cabrio version. It's what I own now and I'm going to keep it as long as I can even if it means stocking up on the parts before they become NLA. The same goes for my Whirlpool top loading washer (direct drive design 2000) WITHOUT the auto load sensing switch.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics