Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet F-21 Error Code

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lnsmktg

lnsmktg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Washing Machine will not drain. I am getting the F-21 error code. I followed the instructions and cleaned out the filter which was pretty clogged. The washer worked for a few loads and the again F-21 code. I ran diagnostics and it pointed to the pressure switch/water level switch I replace it and again it worked for 5 to six loads. I just put one coat in to wash and F-21 again and it will not drain. Any other ideas? Its is a whirlpool duet model number WFW8500SR00

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

The F-21 is along drain time. If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller. Do you have a meter to check and see if you are getting voltage to your pump??

Edited by Trying to help, 26 November 2010 - 09:50 PM.

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 lnsmktg

lnsmktg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

The F-21 is along drain time. If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller. Do you have a meter to check and see if you are getting voltage to your pump??

Yes I have a meter. I hear the pump come on. Why would it work and then not work? What do I do with the meter?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

... What do I do with the meter?...

... have 120VAC to the pump,
... if you are getting voltage to your pump??

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Why would it work and then not work?

Could be losing power; something could be caught in the impeller; the pump itself could be going bad.

#6 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

"If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller"

If you have 120VAC to it, and it is not draining, then either the impeller is stripped (can catch now and then for a load but will eventually completely strip out) or there is something blocking the water (kink in line, obstruction in line or to pump, could be sock or a coin acting like a butterfly valve. If it has power, and you hear it pumping but nothing is coming out you are either stripped or restricted in some way.
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#7 lnsmktg

lnsmktg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

"If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller"

If you have 120VAC to it, and it is not draining, then either the impeller is stripped (can catch now and then for a load but will eventually completely strip out) or there is something blocking the water (kink in line, obstruction in line or to pump, could be sock or a coin acting like a butterfly valve. If it has power, and you hear it pumping but nothing is coming out you are either stripped or restricted in some way.

I am getting power and the pump is making all the normal noises. I removed the pump and the impeller slid right out I noticed there was dirty water inside the impeller shaft area. Is that normal?

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

I removed the pump and the impeller slid right out

If the small Impeller slides off of the motor shaft, that's your pumpimg problem :huh:

click link
Posted Image

Edited by kdog, 27 November 2010 - 05:13 PM.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics