Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

lnsmktg

Whirlpool Duet F-21 Error Code

8 posts in this topic

Washing Machine will not drain. I am getting the F-21 error code. I followed the instructions and cleaned out the filter which was pretty clogged. The washer worked for a few loads and the again F-21 code. I ran diagnostics and it pointed to the pressure switch/water level switch I replace it and again it worked for 5 to six loads. I just put one coat in to wash and F-21 again and it will not drain. Any other ideas? Its is a whirlpool duet model number WFW8500SR00

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The F-21 is along drain time. If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller. Do you have a meter to check and see if you are getting voltage to your pump??

Edited by Trying to help

The F-21 is along drain time. If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller. Do you have a meter to check and see if you are getting voltage to your pump??

Yes I have a meter. I hear the pump come on. Why would it work and then not work? What do I do with the meter?

... What do I do with the meter?...
... have 120VAC to the pump,

... if you are getting voltage to your pump??

Why would it work and then not work?

Could be losing power; something could be caught in the impeller; the pump itself could be going bad.

"If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller"

If you have 120VAC to it, and it is not draining, then either the impeller is stripped (can catch now and then for a load but will eventually completely strip out) or there is something blocking the water (kink in line, obstruction in line or to pump, could be sock or a coin acting like a butterfly valve. If it has power, and you hear it pumping but nothing is coming out you are either stripped or restricted in some way.

"If you put your unit into drain, and have 120VAC to the pump, and no water is going out. Then you either have an obstruction in the pump or drain line, or you have stripped out the pump impeller"

If you have 120VAC to it, and it is not draining, then either the impeller is stripped (can catch now and then for a load but will eventually completely strip out) or there is something blocking the water (kink in line, obstruction in line or to pump, could be sock or a coin acting like a butterfly valve. If it has power, and you hear it pumping but nothing is coming out you are either stripped or restricted in some way.

I am getting power and the pump is making all the normal noises. I removed the pump and the impeller slid right out I noticed there was dirty water inside the impeller shaft area. Is that normal?

I removed the pump and the impeller slid right out

If the small Impeller slides off of the motor shaft, that's your pumpimg problem :huh:

click link

01060774.jpg

Edited by kdog