Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dryer won't start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fireman54

fireman54

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

First off, sorry if this information has been covered a million times...But here's my problem.  My Kenmore Elite dryer won't start. :yikes:  At first, it was a simple deal because the house circuit breaker had tripped.  I reset the breaker and expected it to come on and it didn't.  There is absolutely power to the plug, and I'm fairly positive that the door switch isn't the problem.  Can it be a dryer fuse???  If so, where is it on my model?  Also, I noticed that my exhaust tubing (rigid) had been pinched severly at the point of exit on the wall.  Could this have somehow triggered an event?  Thanks in advance for your help...

Kenmore Elite

Mod# 110 73032101

Ser#MM5016818

Type DDOT-NAT-1206006-CV22

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

Are you sure the door swith is ok, (It's one of those cheapy plastic ones that the activator arm likes to break off). Is the arm still sticking down where the door can contact it and do you hear a click noise when you press it. If so probably ok but you won't know for sure unless you bypass it to test or use a test meter to verify.

Since you mention the crushed vent I suspect your going to find that the thermal fuse is bad. It is designed to shut the heat off if it gets to hot because of a blocked vent or overload of clothes not letting air flow. (Usually, at least on the older sytle Whirlpool/Kenmores, if the dryer is gas and the thermal fuse goes out dryer will still run but not heat, on electric dryers complete dryer is dead. I don't know if that still holds true for this new style Whirlpool/Kenmore)

Use a putty knife to release the clips holding the lower panel on and find the white thing on top of the blower housing with two wires going to it. Take the wires off the fuse and connect them together (slid the two connector ends together and tape with electrical tape and test to see if it works. If it does, problem solved, order a new thermal fuse.)

Another thing that could cause this dryer to not run at all is a broken belt or the "belt break sensor switch has failed or wires to the switch have shorted. (You will find this switch down on the rear of the motor cradle just under the idler pulley arm.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 fireman54

fireman54

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for the tips B.A.R.  After I did a little research and saw the exhaust hose, I pretty much figured on the thermal fuse.  I have to try to find one locally somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics