Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid kesc307hdsc oven

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:24 AM

I have a kitchenaid kesc307 range/oven with an oven that doesnt heat up. Digital keypad doesnt light up but upper burners work and indicator lights work.  Any suggestions on what to look for ? I'm hoping its something simple such as a loose wire or bad fuse.  Anyone seen this before? Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

Can you recheck that model number, the last 4 characters, do not find a tech sheet for those letters, need letters and numbers.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:45 PM

Model KESC307HBS6

Serial IML3599391

Type 30P

The terminal block for the incoming power looks like the oven requires 3phase wiring.. Is this normal? There is a L1 terminal, an L2 terminal and an "N" terminal in the middle. It looks like the old stove neutral wire was wired to the ground wire is this right? I had the oven wired with just the L1 and L2 wires hooked up and the burners operate, tried connecting the "N" wire to the ground and oven still doesnt come on. Inline fuse is good and both thermal switches meter ok. Any  ideas?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:00 PM

line 1 and line 2 on the outside terminals on the block, neutral/common go in the middle terminal, this is normal hook-up.  this is not 3 phase....just a normal double 40 or 50 amp breaker system.  If the top burners work but the oven does not something is stopping the oven from coming on. Will try to pull up the tech sheet..

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

It's not three phase power; it's single-phase, two-pole pole-- 120v wrt neutral on each of two hot lines, 240v line to line.

You need to verify you have 120v wrt neutral on each of the lines. Also, verify that the ERC (display board) is getting 120v.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

Here is your tech sheet....

#7 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:10 PM

is it ok to hook the bare ground wire to the middle neutral terminal?

#8 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

what terminals on the display board should read 120V?

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:11 AM

is it ok to hook the bare ground wire to the middle neutral terminal?

Do you have a three-prong or a four-prong power cord?

what terminals on the display board should read 120V?

Power supply voltage: should have 120v (wrt neutral) at both P6 and P7; your power supply neutral is the white wire on P1-1.

#10 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

I have a 3 wire plug. just black, white and ground. No Neutral wire.... the neutral for the old stove looks like it was just tied to the  ground wire.

#11 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:00 PM

I am getting 130volts on P6 and P7 using P1 as neutral. still no activity on the digital display.:( What would  you recommend checking next? Thanks for all your help!

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

Here's where it gets tricky. Your oven has two control boards: a microcomputer and a display/input board. We need to see if the display/input board is getting voltage. The tech sheet doesn't say what it is or where to look, but it's typically something in the range of 5 to 14 volts DC (watch your meter settings). This will help us determine whether or not the display board is getting its supply voltage to light up the display.

#13 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:49 PM

I think I may have found the problem. The 120V/24V transformer on the board isnt outputting 24V. I have 120Volts going into the transformer but nothing going out. Any idea where i can find jus the transformer? there are no manufacturer markings on it of course...... it has model #'s but a web search came up with nothing..

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

Nice troubleshooting, grasshopper! :rocketman:

You should be able to buy one at a good online electronics suppy house. Got a bunch listed on this page.

#15 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

Ahhhh praise from the master, it doesnt get any better than this.:)   Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if that fixes it.......

#16 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

It seems kitchenaid went to great lengths to make it difficult to find board level parts for these control boards. I may have to buy the complete board.:X  I've tried all the major suppliers and no one can find this transformer. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a contact at kitchenaid or whirlpool????

#17 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

:nono:

#18 mrkd

mrkd

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:05 PM

Ok, I installed a new contol board and the display is now working however  4 buttons on the touchpad are not working (1,4,7 and convect full meal).  Tried reseating the plugs but no change. This is a new stove (I bought it as a scratch and dent) so its never actually seen any use.... Is it really possible the touchpad is bad also?

#19 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

Yes, usually both need to be replaced....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics