Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
akahan

Oven door gasket replacement GE Profile

6 posts in this topic

Hi -

I looked through the FAQ, and found a slightly related post, for another oven, but it only told how to remove the old gasket, and not how to install the new one. It might be obvious when I get there, but I like to know what to expect.

I have a GE Profile JGB915SEF2SS. The gasket I'm talking about is the the one that's the thickness (and texture) of a medium-size snake that goes around the inside of the oven door. The ends seem to disappear into the door, so I guess I have to take the inside door panel off to detach the ends from whatever's holding them under the door panel.

But what's holding the gasket to the door in the first place? Glue? Or is it pinched in place somehow? I can't see any retaining clips or anything like that. Am I going to need adhesive or something to attach the new gasket (which is on its way to me)?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm just an apprentice, But what is wrong with the old gasket? Some oven heat leak will not matter. Without a piture, I'm going to guess that you might have to dissasble some layers at your door. The last GE I worked on had a very easy to remove oven door gasket(retainer clips) .

The old gasket has rotted, and is fraying; there are chunks missing out of it. If there are retainer clips, they must be in the interior of the door (that is, under the inside panel), cuz I sure can't see them!

I'm just an apprentice, But what is wrong with the old gasket? Some oven heat leak will not matter. Without a piture, I'm going to guess that you might have to dissasble some layers at your door. The last GE I worked on had a very easy to remove oven door gasket(retainer clips) .

there is never an adhesive

its either held on by lil clips(new gasket will come with them)

or the gasket is held in by being sandwiched between 2 panel(older units)

so dont worry about needing glue when it gets to your door

just remove and reinstall in reverse order

Edited by BrntToast

Tuco, yep, that looks like it.

BrntToast, thanks...I'll know in a day or two...

Tx!

-A