Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
oakrun

Kenmore Quietguard3 NOT!

3 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore Quietgaurd3 Model # 665.17609300 that has junk stuck that the food disposer can't take. I have tore it apart and cleaned out the matchstick  and the bread tie but I could not get the cover off of the impeller where the stuff goes into the food disposer. I didn't want to force it and break it. But it is still as noisy as ever so something has to be down there still. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is a Whirlpool Dishwasher with the Kenmore name on the front,  see if this breakdown of the pump/motor will help you....

That impeller/mascerator cover can get stuck on there reeeel tight-like. After you remove its single retaining screw, git you a pair of slip jernt pliers, grab 'holt of one o' them ridges in that cover and yank like a New Hampshire Yankee.

Now, if you're lucky, you can clear out the macerator, start the dishwasher and you'll hear the wash motor run. I gotta tell ya, though: nine times outta ten, that washer motor gets burned out and you'll end up replacing the whole motor pump assembly. YOUCH!