Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE ice maker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 capt seaweed

capt seaweed

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

Greeting wise ones,
I have a Kenmore fridge with a GE WR30X0259 ice maker that has been acting up. 1st it did not make ice so I cleaned the filter on the water valve and that seemed to take care of the problem until the ice maker over flowed with water and has created quite the frozen mess in the freezer. The ice bucket was frozen solid and the bottom of the freezer has a 1/4" ice sheet incorporating whatever was stored in the bottom of the freezer. Upon opening the cover I discovered that the gear on the ejector moter is stripped. The unit is over 10 years old and instead of replacing parts I want to replace the whole unit, what should I replace it with? I will now proceed to enjoy another beer of enlightenment while I wait for your sage advice on this difficult topic with world altering implications.

If it is not too much to ask I have another question that the answer has proved to be most ellusive. Why is it that one only needs an item 2 days after said item was thrown away in the trash after being stored for a year "in case I need it"????

Please accept my most humble praises and salutations,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:21 PM

This looks to be the replacement ice maker kit according to the part number you posted.  Without a model number on this frig, which would be a G.E. frig with the Kenmore name on the front, this is all I can do to help you in your "elimination of the waterfall in the Freezer" quest...;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 capt seaweed

capt seaweed

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

The model number is 363.9724785 and the serial number is L206 63218. Hope that helps. I believe this is the original ice maker that came with the fridge but I may be wrong especially with my memory.
Thanks

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

All it is showing in the /Sears site are the parts to the ice maker, not the part number for the whole unit, guess you will need to go by the number on the ice maker itself...and that changes to kit number I already posted, replaces the 4 and 6 pin ice maker plugs.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 capt seaweed

capt seaweed

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, I will let you know how the situation ends up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics