Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MrHandyinNH

Gas Range Spark Module needed for Rare Sterling Cooktop

6 posts in this topic

Hello Mr. Samurai! I am once again requesting your advice: My Sterling brand, 5 burner, gas cooktop was new in 1993. The plate says "New World Domestic Appliances, LTd", Warrington, England. Model GCT360/5D, "Engineering Number": WA5525NOO. Serial Number FG0002 (Serial Number 2?!) The ignition module gets120V, the switches appear ok. It was intermittent for years, it would not work for a week, then mysteriously work again. All connections seem ok. The module inside says : Ignition Module model 0950 10 02 120V 60Hz. Brand stamp looks like AGA ? AGC? maybe. (Same logo as seen in top diagram shown here: http://www.applianceaid.com/images/typical-sparkmodual-wiring.JPG) Google shows the manufacturer as in UK and not selling to USA! I'm wondering if I bought the only one they ever sold in the US?! The igniters are the little ceramic "spark plug style" at each burner. Can anyone suggest a substitute ignition box? Thank you in advance for your help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Howdy, neighbor. Since all spark modules operate the same way, your task really boils down to finding one the right number of ports. Does your spark module have four output ports, mas shown in the diagram you linked?

Greetings Mr. Samurai! My cooktop has 5 burners, so I need a module with at least 5 inputs. Got one my size?

"C"

Right, I got the 5 burners part, but often, two burners are ganged together, resulting in a mere 3-port output (in your case: 2 + 2 + 1).

If you're saying that your present spark module really does have 5 individual output ports, then I don't know of any replacements for this.

They all fire at once, i.e. I've observed them all firing, when lighting 1 burner. So maybe all I need is a singel output? (Each sparker plugs into its own connector on the module, and there are more ports available, but maybe it's just one output...)

Had any frost up there in Otterville yet?

[user=3189]MrHandyinNH[/user] wrote:

They all fire at once, i.e. I've observed them all firing, when lighting 1 burner. So maybe all I need is a singel output? (Each sparker plugs into its own connector on the module, and there are more ports available, but maybe it's just one output...)

Ahh, in that case, you can probably adapt this spark module to work.

Had any frost up there in Otterville yet?

We keep hoping for the frost to get here and kill some of these damn skeeters and knock out some of this fall pollen! Ahh-CHOO!