Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Gas Range Spark Module needed for Rare Sterling Cooktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrHandyinNH

MrHandyinNH

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

Hello Mr. Samurai! I am once again requesting your advice: My Sterling brand, 5 burner, gas cooktop was new in 1993. The plate says "New World Domestic Appliances, LTd", Warrington, England. Model GCT360/5D, "Engineering Number": WA5525NOO. Serial Number FG0002 (Serial Number 2?!) The ignition module gets120V, the switches appear ok. It was intermittent for years, it would not work for a week, then mysteriously work again. All connections seem ok. The module inside says : Ignition Module model 0950 10 02 120V 60Hz. Brand stamp looks like AGA ? AGC? maybe. (Same logo as seen in top diagram shown here: http://www.appliance...dual-wiring.JPG) Google shows the manufacturer as in UK and not selling to USA! I'm wondering if I bought the only one they ever sold in the US?! The igniters are the little ceramic "spark plug style" at each burner. Can anyone suggest a substitute ignition box? Thank you in advance for your help!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

Howdy, neighbor. Since all spark modules operate the same way, your task really boils down to finding one the right number of ports. Does your spark module have four output ports, mas shown in the diagram you linked?

#3 MrHandyinNH

MrHandyinNH

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

Greetings Mr. Samurai! My cooktop has 5 burners, so I need a module with at least 5 inputs. Got one my size?

"C"

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:40 PM

Right, I got the 5 burners part, but often, two burners are ganged together, resulting in a mere 3-port output (in your case: 2 + 2 + 1).

If you're saying that your present spark module really does have 5 individual output ports, then I don't know of any replacements for this.

#5 MrHandyinNH

MrHandyinNH

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

They all fire at once, i.e. I've observed them all firing, when lighting 1 burner. So maybe all I need is a singel output? (Each sparker plugs into its own connector on the module, and there are more ports available, but maybe it's just one output...)

Had any frost up there in Otterville yet?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

[user=3189]MrHandyinNH[/user] wrote:

They all fire at once, i.e. I've observed them all firing, when lighting 1 burner. So maybe all I need is a singel output? (Each sparker plugs into its own connector on the module, and there are more ports available, but maybe it's just one output...)

Ahh, in that case, you can probably adapt this spark module to work.

Had any frost up there in Otterville yet?

We keep hoping for the frost to get here and kill some of these damn skeeters and knock out some of this fall pollen! Ahh-CHOO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics