Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag neptune DO error MAH5500BWW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 user444

user444

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:tea

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Ok I get the DO error still after changing out the whole latch assembly and Control board all new parts, still have this DO error, I will tell you this unit had been working fine other then the bearings were bad and I changed them, reinstalled everything back and stuck with this dreaded DO error, help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

Did the DO error only pop up after your changed the drum bearings?

#3 user444

user444

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

yes

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Awwite, then the most likely scenario is that one of the switches isn't wired correctly or a loose harness connector to the door latch. Use the schematic in the tech sheet to double and triple check your wiring of the door latch assembly.

#5 user444

user444

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

hmm ok i apperiacte your suggestions Ive ohm'd everthing back to the boards and they all seem good, I have a post running in just answer too on this problem which will explain more of some of the things Ive done

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 01 December 2010 - 04:41 PM.
Deleted link

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

No, you have to compare the wiring on the schematic with the physical location on the latch assembly. A common mistake is to switch a wire with the NO and Common terminals on a microswitch, for example. That's just an example. You need to look at every wire. There are no short cuts, no silver bullets.

#7 user444

user444

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

I will do this again, i do agree, I can tell you though under the Diagnos. menu I can operate the door lock and door open correctly, I really dont have much left to change other then the Motor Control board, on the connections though they really only go one way, and when I do a test on the points where they connect to the board the sence and input I show my 24 vdc and open and close as the door is used, But I didnt pay attention though as too if ITS suppose to be open or closed as it should tell me in the schematic, but would the test I mention kinda tell me anyway that all is well ?

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

How's the door alignment? Check especially the lower corner opposite the hinge. If the door sticks out a little bit from the cabinet at that corner while closed, there's a misalignment problem that could affect the door switches in the latch assembly getting actuated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics