Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet F06 Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PHugger

PHugger

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:DD French Vanilla

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer that has just started throwing an F06 error code. I read a post about this error here -
http://fixitnow.com/...f06-fault-code/
but my machine doesn't seem to be acting in any of the described ways.

The tub spins very easily by hand before I power it up. I put the machine into the spin cycle. It starts spinning slowly and then speeds up to a decent speed (not sure if it's at the max or not) for maybe 3 minutes or so. It stops spinning and the 'time remaining' display starts to blink for a minute or two. The time display will stop blinking and it seems to try to spin up again (repeats the blinking another time or two), but does nothing and eventually displays the error code and beeps.

Can anyone help me get to the cause of the problem? I'd hate to start replacing parts unless I have some assurance that this is what's needed.

Best regards,
PCH

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

F06 DRIVE MOTOR TACHOMETER ERROR
The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down.
If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three minutes.

Potential Causes
 Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts, spacers and cables are removed.
 Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU),
and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).
 Check the Drive Motor.
 Check the MCU.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 PHugger

PHugger

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

Thanks I had already seen that information in the thread I linked.
The motor does run and spins the drum at high speed, but then it stops and throws the F06 error.
This would lead me to believe the motor in working and that the MCU works for at least some period of the Spin Cycle.
Hard to know where to start.

Best regards,
PCH

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

Run the model number by me again, budrow, I think I missed it the first time.

#5 PHugger

PHugger

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:46 AM

It's a Whirlpool Duet HT
Model #: GHW9460Pl1

Thanks,
PCH

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

If you did everything in the first link you posted, including undoing and reconnecting all harness connectors and you still get F06, then you need to replace the MCU. Whirlpool has updated the software in the new boards.

Part link for MCU==> http://www.repaircli...mber=GHW9460PL1

#7 PHugger

PHugger

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for your help. I'll check the harness over carefully and if it continues to fail, order the MCU from you of course!

Thanks,
PCH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics