Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
PHugger

Whirlpool Duet F06 Error

7 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer that has just started throwing an F06 error code. I read a post about this error here -

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2008/10/28/whirlpool-duet-washer-with-an-f06-fault-code/

but my machine doesn't seem to be acting in any of the described ways.

The tub spins very easily by hand before I power it up. I put the machine into the spin cycle. It starts spinning slowly and then speeds up to a decent speed (not sure if it's at the max or not) for maybe 3 minutes or so. It stops spinning and the 'time remaining' display starts to blink for a minute or two. The time display will stop blinking and it seems to try to spin up again (repeats the blinking another time or two), but does nothing and eventually displays the error code and beeps.

Can anyone help me get to the cause of the problem? I'd hate to start replacing parts unless I have some assurance that this is what's needed.

Best regards,

PCH

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

F06 DRIVE MOTOR TACHOMETER ERROR

The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine will shut down.

If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three minutes.

Potential Causes

Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts, spacers and cables are removed.

Check wire harness connections between the Drive Motor and the Motor Control Unit (MCU),

and between the MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU).

Check the Drive Motor.

Check the MCU.

Thanks I had already seen that information in the thread I linked.

The motor does run and spins the drum at high speed, but then it stops and throws the F06 error.

This would lead me to believe the motor in working and that the MCU works for at least some period of the Spin Cycle.

Hard to know where to start.

Best regards,

PCH

Run the model number by me again, budrow, I think I missed it the first time.

It's a Whirlpool Duet HT

Model #: GHW9460Pl1

Thanks,

PCH

If you did everything in the first link you posted, including undoing and reconnecting all harness connectors and you still get F06, then you need to replace the MCU. Whirlpool has updated the software in the new boards.

Part link for MCU==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Control-Unit/1184161?modelNumber=GHW9460PL1

Thanks for your help. I'll check the harness over carefully and if it continues to fail, order the MCU from you of course!

Thanks,

PCH