Jump to content


Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!


FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact


Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums


You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.


Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

 


Photo

ge side by side fridge not cooling well


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 storchs

storchs

    Samanera

  • Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

Have a GE side by side fridge/freezer about 8 yrs old (TFX22CRBB).
Freezer gets and stays plenty cold.  Fridge however isn't quite cold enough.  If I lower thermostat temp for fridge, compressor runs (at least the something is running and humming along) but runs constantly without getting the fridge cold.

I've checked the evaporator for ice...just a tiny bit of frost on the lower section but the coils were 99% free of ice.

Any suggestions?  Evaporator fan?


Thanks

storchs (steven)



Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

    Sensei

  • Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:50 AM

***I've checked the evaporator for ice...just a tiny bit of frost on the lower section but the coils were 99% free of ice.***

The whole evaperator coil should have frost covering it, are you meaning only 1% has frost and the other 99% does not???  If this is so you have  major sealed system problems. If you had the evaperator cover off you would have seen if the fan motor was running or not.  If the fan is not running the coils should still be all frosted,,,,assuming you have the frig on and running when you removed the back panel.



Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 storchs

storchs

    Samanera

  • Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

The whole evaperator coil should have frost covering it, are you meaning only 1% has frost and the other 99% does not??? 

Yep, just a bit of ice down at the bottom...most was bare, uniced metal.

If this is so you have  major sealed system problems.

Awe sh......uger!  There goes a thousand bucks for a new one.

If you had the evaperator cover off you would have seen if the fan motor was running or not.  If the fan is not running the coils should still be all frosted,,,,assuming you have the frig on and running when you removed the back panel.

Yep, fan was running.  Condenser fan runs fine too. 

Any brand suggestions or are we just shooting in the dark on these things?  (New 22 cu ft side by side).


#4 Pegi

Pegi

    Sensei

  • Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

Whirlpool, Roper, Estate, Kitchen Aid, the simpler the better, no electronic gizmos..Kitchen Aid is the top of the Whirlpool line....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 storchs

storchs

    Samanera

  • Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:01 PM

:)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact


Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."


The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics