Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile Harmony WPGT9350C0PL stopped working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tinkooran

tinkooran

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MGD

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

GE profile Harmony washer WPGT9350C0PL stops working after doing the initial load sensing and tries to add water with in 5 seconds it shuts off giving an error "A problem has been detected with this unit".

Tried the diagnostic it says that the "The motor is not rotating properly. Check and replace if necessary". Does any one know what might be the problem? After reading numerous blogs and forums, most of them say it might be the Hall Sensor.

Any apppliance guru's have had the similar problem fixed. Please help me.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Special treat for you, service manual for this washer is linked in this topic from our old forum==> http://applianceguru...orum_id=2&msg=5

Good info in that topic that you can use on your washer. The hall effect sensor is a common troublemaker in this washer and is an inexpensive part. If diagnostic mode is inconclusive, go ahead and replace the hall effect sensor as that is the most likely problem==> http://www.repaircli...-Sensor/1268238

#3 tinkooran

tinkooran

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

how hard it is install the Hall sensor. Do I have to remove the washer drum and install it? RepairClinic.com shop is close by me, getting the part is not a problem. Let me know.

Posted Image

#4 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

My friend Shawn Ryan did a video of how to get into an older model. If might give you an idea:

Edited by applianceman18007260692, 03 December 2010 - 09:44 AM.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

GE Harmony is made by LG
Hall Sensor replacement instructions starting on PDF page 34 of above referenced service manual

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 tinkooran

tinkooran

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Samurai Appliance Repair Man, applianceman18007260692 and RegUS_PatOff for all your help.

I was able to remove the Hall Sensor and replace with the new Hall Sensor part # 6501KW2001A I got this from my old Hall Sensor that was attached to the Stator Assembly. Purchased the part in the store

00670784.jpg

Hall Sensor for GE Harmony WPGT9350C0PL

Initial removal of the big 20mm nut was little difficult after that it was easy to remove six 10-mm hex head screws that hold the stator assembly, the sensor was attached to the Stator. Removed the Hall Sensor took it to the store they gave me the exact part and I install the new Hall Sensor, I didn't have to buy the new Stator Assembly as mentioned in the post. So far the washer is working fine.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics