Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SHU43C02UC/17 Cleans like @*&%!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sirwired

sirwired

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

I, appliance-using-peasant, humbly beseech my appliantological masters for aid!

Our Bosch over-priced junk dish"washer" (came with the house, not my choice) was doing okay-ish for a few years. Now it cleans horribly, and this change was rather sudden. There is a nasty white film on all the glasses, the plates feel nasty, and even the tub of the thing isn't clean. I have an obvious rectangle of crunchy white gookus where the big plastic plate is near the door. The inside of the thing is so filmy, I have a hard time refilling the rinse aid, as the little window isn't clear enough anymore to see well. I have a hard time getting the detergent door shut because the latch seems stiff with gookus. Once, I saw some trace of suds (but no water) in the bottom of the tub at the end of the cycle.

I have the rinse aid cranked up, and I'm still using a stash of pre-zero-phosphate Cascade Complete Gel (which I've used for years with no ill effects.) (Yeah I know the Samurai doesn't like gel/liquid; the folks that made our dishes said to use liquid/gel, and I can't convince the wife otherwise.)

Water seems to fill up and pump out just fine, the sink line it drains into does not back up, and there are no error codes.

I have started the process to finally have the recall work done, but I have no idea if this will help the problem.

SirWired

Edited by sirwired, 03 December 2010 - 10:12 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

If the white/clouding on the glassware can be removed with *white vinegar*---too much detergent is being used.

Reduce the amount of detergent *drastically*.

Old detergent loses cleaning effectiveness over time (degrades). Avoid bulk purchasing D/W detergent.

Use DISHWASHER MAGIC to thoroughly clean the dishwasher & try using again with a new detergent.

*Calcium deposit* can also cause the symptoms you've described.
To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

Lots of washability complaints coming in since they got rid of phosphates from detergents this summer==> http://fixitnow.com/...ing-detergents/

#4 sirwired

sirwired

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yeah I saw that bit... I thought I was safe since I had a stash of old detergent on-hand. I had no idea that detergents expired! And of course, when they started not getting clean, we added more detergent...

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 03 December 2010 - 05:27 PM.
Deleted unnecessary quotation. To reply, scroll down and use the Fast Reply box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics